Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us.
This position is an exciting opportunity to have significant technical impact on space architecture resiliency and critical advanced capabilities. The candidate will apply their demonstrated technical depth in satellite systems engineering, satellite communications, signal processing, software design engineering, software system integration, and/or mission analysis. The candidate will partner closely with senior sponsors across the Air Force Space and Missile System Center's (SMC) Portfolio Architect Directorate.
* Develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of SMC directorates, divisions, portfolios, organizations and missions to help shape and drive the impact of the MITRE Space Division on mission direction and objectives
* Identify key areas of innovation and investment where MITRE can actively engage sponsors and provide technical recommendations through rapid prototyping
* Engage across the MITRE Space Division to collaborate and bring MITRE projects and teams to bear on the space mission problem set
* Identify and align work programs across the Space Division to achieve division outcomes
* Actively collaborate with the Space Division technical directors and department leadership, and MITRE's Space Portfolio, to manage technical project execution across the Portfolio Architect Directorate.
* Work with other SMEs in support of a Space Enterprise Architecture
* Knowledge and extensive experience in system design, enterprise engineering, system interfaces, modeling & simulation, and system resiliency
* Bachelor's degree and 10 years related experience, including 2 years of leadership experience
* Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
* Possess and maintain a TS/SCI level security clearance
* Self-starter with demonstrated broad system engineering expertise related to space systems. Experience with enterprise architecture, software development, cyber operations, command and control systems, space control, space sensors and data exploitation, and astrodynamics are required.
* Work with technical teams and collaborate/interact with Air Force, contractor, and other FFRDC partners
* Ability to document and/or present ideas and findings such that others can easily learn from or make decisions based upon the material
* Ability to think strategically about technical and operational challenges within an acquisition organization and experience developing roadmaps and implementation plans for moving an organization forward
* Deep engineering expertise in space operations and architectures, both existing and developmental, across DoD, IC, civil and commercial.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and technical document preparation/presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to support complex organizational relationships
* Ability to communicate complex concepts and methodologies in a confident and well-organized manner
* Ability to apply a combination of expert engineering knowledge and space operations expertise to design, develop, and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies