Come join the team that is owning the core Azure Network control plane service and Network APIs. This is a unique opportunity to work on a core Azure service fundamental to VM deployments and network resources.
About our team and how we work:
* We are an agile team of motivated, strong software developers with a can-do attitude.
* We enjoy working together with other teams.
* We work with short release cycles (we deploy every week) and continuously aim to improve the services we build and the way we work.
* Delighting customers and building robust and scalable systems are our top priorities.
* Previous experience with AI/Machine Learning, open-source development and full-stack are definite pluses
This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor development of networking services that power the world of cloud computing.
* 7 years experience of professional software design and development experience.
* Experience with enterprise-scale distributed systems and networking protocols.
* Self-driven individual with strong sense of ownership.
* Technical leadership within the group and across teams for feature area.
* Ability to work extremely well together with other groups and to drive the best designs.
* Good knowledge of Internet application architectures (REST, OData).
* BS/MS in Computer Science or related engineering field.
* Detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
This is a highly visible role as we are collaborating with many teams in Azure and beyond to expose tenant and network orchestration and deployment constructs. We also own Network SDK/PowerShell/CLI experiences and billing for the networking components. A key success factor to this role is to be customer obsessed to ensure we continually improve the core developer experience for the cloud.
Our services deals with billions of transactions, if fundamental challenges of distributed systems such as high-scalability, security and robustness are what excites you, this job is for you: networking services are at the very core of cloud computing, are impacting every single customer, and must be up 24/7 without exception.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.