Job ID R49901 Date posted Apr. 12, 2019
Principal Software Engineer - Integration Element Team:
The Dell Boomi cloud-native platform provides revolutionary speed and ease for connecting any combination of on-premise or cloud-based applications for automating business process. Our unified platform includes robust support for core integration, master data, API, EDI and workflow management, all based on one unified, "low-code" development environment. By tapping the power of the Boomi platform, any organization can significantly shorten project times, reduce costs, streamline processes and boost productivity. Our technologies connect applications, assure data quality and automate workflows. At Dell Boomi, we transform how the world performs application integrations, and we are opinionated about how software should be built. We work hard to deliver powerful, intuitive capabilities so customers can drastically accelerate their time to value. Our engineers work in an agile environment on small teams, but feel empowered to collaborate with the entire organization.
We are the recognized leader for the fourth year in a row in iPaas, disciplined agile, and lean software development practices, we combine a Silicon Valley culture, modern development approach, and infrastructure with the organizations' core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of tools drive software innovation for many of the world's most admired brands, helping customers move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. Our methodology is about continuous improvement, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 500+ employees worldwide subscribe to a culture of collaboration. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission-to transform how the world integrates solutions.
We believe in working at a sustainable pace - you'll typically code hard for 8 hours each day, but then you're off work to relax, recharge, and refocus. Twice a year we switch gears and get working on Project Greenlight. A week-long Hack-a-Thon where Boomi engineers work on innovative projects of their own design with awards ranging from "Most Innovative" to "Most Likely to be Released to Production". If you can imagine it, then you can build it.
Be part of the integration element team. Build software components that integrate application and data across data silos, on premise, cloud applications and devices. Create a fabric of connectivity that unlocks productivity. Build features that supports governance and configuration for complex integration ecosystems.
* Be a key part of the full product development lifecycle of software applications offered by Boomi
* Investigate and resolve complex customer issues
* Responsible for design, development and unit testing of the Boomi products including enhancements and/or resolution of any issues that may be reported
* Recommend best practices and techniques to customers
* Research, validate and recommend key technology decisions for the core platform and other customer facing offerings
* Mentoring of other Boomi engineers, including design collaboration and code reviews
* Be an active member of an Agile team, collaboratively realizing features through development, test, and delivery
* Work independently with a moderate level of guidance from engineering management
* Must have minimum 8-10 years of professional experience in software development using the Java programming language (Including the use of IDE, with a solid understanding of object oriented design concepts for delivering and maintaining a software product)
* Experience in architecting and implementing highly scalable, high throughput web applications and backend systems
* Technical understanding of SQL, JDBC, XML, Servlets, and Hibernate
* Knowledge of SOA concepts
* Strong knowledge and experience with Web Services technologies including REST, SOAP and WSDL
* Exposure to mature development processes including use of source code control systems like Git
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
* Knowledge of RIA (Rich Internet application) technologies, especially GWT is a plus
* Knowledge of Agile development methodology
* Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments is preferred
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Work experience with an enterprise software or web company is important
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Apply now Apply now