Principal Software Developer-Augmented Reality
Your rapid-prototyping as well as your enterprise-grade design and implementation skills will be essential for bringing relevant and reliable products to market quickly. Your fellow team members will rely on your familiarity with the best services, tools, and techniques to build backend cloud functionality for powerful client applications.
The Vuforia R&D organization offers and builds the world's leading industrial AR solutions. Working from our office in Boston, MA, you will be part of a highly focused team responsible for exploring new, cutting-edge AR capabilities that will align the digital and physical worlds at unprecedented scale and accuracy, so customers can realize previously inaccessible integrative value. The team is very collaborative and practices iterative, continuous software development following the DevOps philosophy and an Agile process.
You will prototype, design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain backend services that form the core of these new capabilities and that interface to PTC's existing solutions. You will coordinate closely with teammates, assist product owners with product definition and story breakdown, and be an active, shaping participant in our agile workflow, in brainstorming and design sessions, and in code reviews and implementation workstreams.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
* Highly self-motivated and driven to create amazing technology
* Proven experience with cloud engineering, and distributed/scalable/highly-available systems
* Excellent communicator and team player
* Node.js, REST APIs, SQL or NoSQL
* DevOps, monitoring, log aggregation
* Docker or serverless, Kubernetes, Azure, AWS
* OAuth, SAML, JWT, TLS
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience