We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small UASs, affordable radar systems, weapon systems, and RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
As a Principal Software Systems Engineer, you are responsible for software and programmable logic system architecture in our R&D environment. In this software system architect role, you will lead a software systems engineering team in development, implementation, testing and analysis of technical products and systems.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Software/PL requirements definition, flow-down and traceability for complex electronic systems
* System design synthesis of simple systems
* Define processing architecture to include FPGA and GPU based processing
* Lead verification of software/PL requirements
* Develop and run simulations and other analysis tools to predict system performance in various environments
* Present results during internal and external program meetings
* Use judgment to plan cost and schedule of minor activities
* Develop, track and present technical metrics
* Support risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
* Developing processes and standards for software/PL architectures
* Other duties as assigned
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values: