While we have offices in Seattle & Las Vegas, we are seeking the best talent to join our team and will consider REMOTE/TELEWORK options for candidates located anywhere in the US.
The Principal Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for leading cross-team engineering discussions to achieve scalable, measurable, fault-tolerant, and cost-effective cloud services. Connects Product and Operations teams with Engineering teams to identify and exceed business-critical service KPIs. A core team member of one or more projects where work is based on wide range of complex problems and deliverables. Responsible for developing and planning own or project team's activities and establishing service level agreements across iStreamPlanet services teams. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions and timelines. A technical leader accountable for cross-team operational excellence program, end-to-end data awareness across solutions, active post-mortem culture with cross-team learning, and continuous improvement in iStreamPlanet's service reliability.
* Partners with peer engineering teams throughout the full software development lifecycle.
* Design, analyze, and troubleshoot fault-tolerant, distributed systems. Provide fellow engineering teams with systems design and scalability expertise.
* Continually improve customer outcomes through quantitative service monitoring, alarming, and direct code improvements to our services.
* Contribute expertise in Unix/Linus operating systems internals, administration, and TCP/IP networking.
* Promote a cross-team culture of operational excellence and customer obsession within iStreamPlanet.
* Provide technical oversight and mentoring to other team members.
* Establish and implement cross-team disaster recovery contingencies with at least quarterly validation with external and internal stakeholders.
* Establish and implement cross-team service availability key performance indicators in partnership with Product Management.
* Establish and implement cross-team service error budgets, consisting of Service Level Indicators, Service Level Objectives, and Service Level Agreements in partnership with Engineering and Product Management leadership.
* Partner with Engineering Directors and Product Management to develop quarterly service level agreements for iStreamPlanet's engineering teams.
* Establish and implement a monthly lecture series for iStreamPlanet team members that targets distributed computing fundamentals, service analytics, and fault-tolerant design patterns.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 10+ years of commercial software development experience in distributed cloud services.
* Strong understanding of one or more industry-standard languages (e.g. Go/C/C++/C#/Java/Swift/Python).
* Experience working with Open Source solutions.
* Strong experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design.
* Strong design skills, including design patterns and common software frameworks.
* Passion for dev-ops, continuous improvement, nurturing a sustainable post-mortem culture, and commitment to driving down live-site overhead using a systematic problem-solving mindset, strong collaboration skills, and an eagerness to take ownership and drive.
* Ability to obsess over customer needs and demonstrate customer empathy.
* Proven ability to work and problem solve independently/collaboratively, to organize workload and priorities, high-quality execution, technical innovation/adoption, and initiative.
Nice to Have:
* Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* Experience with audio/video solutions using DirectX, DirectShow, MediaFoundation, or similar media pipelines
* Flexible work hours and work from home options
* Accessible and transparent leadership team
* Paid time off every year to volunteer and generous paternity leave
* Medical, dental, vision benefits, 401(k) plan with a company match
* Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WHO ARE WE
iStreamPlanet is one of the largest streaming platforms in the world for broadcasters; doing thousands of events a year such as March Madness, World Cup, and even the Olympics. You probably have not heard of us but we power some of the most well-known media brands in the world. Our mission is to provide a one stop platform for the media industry as they convert from traditional broadcast to all online streaming over the next decade. We are backed by giants such as WarnerMedia (owners of Warner Brothers, HBO, Turner, etc.) and are at the heart of changing how you get your sports and entertainment in the future.
iStreamPlanet Co., LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. iStreamPlanet does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.