Swift Navigation is looking for an outstanding Principal Sensor Fusion Engineer to work on the integration of relative positioning sensors with an RTK centimeter accurate GNSS solution. You will be working with a small team of experts to push the state of the art in satellite navigation and relative sensors technology, making high accuracy positioning ubiquitous and easy to use across a wide variety of industries and applications in unmanned aerial vehicles, robotics and autonomous transportation. Your focus will be to lead and grow the development of a sensor fusion positioning system team combining on-board IMU observations and other sensors with an existing RTK GNSS engine to allow positioning in GNSS degraded environments.
The ideal candidate has contributed to the design and implementation of a production-grade GNSS / INS sensor fusion engine. He/she is a master of the principles of inertial navigation, is familiar with filtering techniques applied to non-linear systems and has experience with challenges related to real-world IMU measurements (vibrations,..) . He/she has deep experience working in C++ for the development and commercialization of sensor fusion algorithms.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Contribute to prototyping, design and implementation of sensor fusion algorithms in C++
* Architecture of a positioning filter engine combining multiple input sensors to produce an optimal position result
* Work with product management to develop solutions to address customer needs
* Lead and grow a world class sensor fusion team
* Maintain and support existing high precision products
* Code Review and collaborate with team members to ensure the quality of overall code development.
You should have skills and experience with:
* GNSS and IMU integration strategies
* Been involved with the development and launch of a commercial sensor fusion product
* Familiarity and mastery of C++ and associated software development tools
* Familiarity with git and version control systems
* Demonstrated ability to lead small teams to execute on highly technical projects
* Works well in a collaborative team environment
We prefer if you possess skills in one or more of:
* Experience with visual odometry systems
* Knowledge of high precision ambiguity RTK GNSS
* Demonstrated ability and experience with OO Software architectures
* Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k).
* Fully stocked kitchen, weekly catered lunches and tech-talks, free gym membership.
* Dynamic engineering role -- technological innovation is at the core of our business.
* Growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation, Inc. was founded in 2012 to make GPS positioning technology more accurate and affordable. Its GPS and GNSS positioning products are available a fraction of the price of the competition and deliver 100 times better accuracy than the GPS in a cell phone. Swift Navigation's technology benefits a multitude of industries and applications-including autonomous vehicles, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), precision agriculture, robotics, surveying and space. With its innovation and technology honored by Inc.'s 2016 and Forbes 2017 30 Under 30 lists, Swift Navigation is enabling a world where fields farm themselves, drones fly safely and autonomous transportation can take you home.
About Swift Navigation
Swift Navigation is a company that offers hardware and software that makes GPS positioning technology available for autonomous vehicle and device guidance.