The Edge Browser Security team is looking for a leader for our defense against the most determined hackers and criminals in the world, while helping our users feel safe and protected on the web.
Microsoft Edge is entering a period of rare opportunity. We recently announced a major change in the way that we intend to build and deliver Microsoft Edge to customers, which we believe will allow us to deliver an amazing browser experience for all our customers. The browser space is ripe for innovation, and we have renewed emphasis and support from Microsoft leadership.
We are looking for leaders to help us shape the future of the web and build a browser that addresses the needs of customers facing the latest challenges and opportunities of the Internet. Edge is already the most frequently used Microsoft application on Windows 10 but we have a long way to go to achieve our aspirations. Come join us to delight customers and help build an amazing product and a great team culture.
Our Security product team is responsible for protecting our end-users and enterprise customers from attack and data loss, through a combination of secure design processes, effective security response procedures, and innovative consumer and enterprise security features to protect or mitigate attacks.
The leader of this team will set the direction and scope of our security investments, define and execute on an industry-leading vision for browser security, and be the voice of browser security at Microsoft, both internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate
* Planning and Execution: Ability to think holistically and strategically. Leverage understanding of engineering rhythm so that the team operates at a high level, knowledge is shared appropriately, and decision making happens at the right levels on the team. Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage complex technical products.
* Communication: Able to conduct insightful, multi-faceted conversations with senior product and technical decision makers inside and outside Microsoft. Conceptualize complex ideas quickly and convey those thoughts to others in a clear, effective and motivating manner.
* Collaboration: Experienced collaborator able to work effectively across broad teams and influence stakeholders of all levels and of all disciplines across Microsoft.
* Cultural Leadership: Proven ability to lead cultural initiatives, having positive impact on team morale and fostering an environment of inclusion.
* Microsoft Values: As a senior member of the Edge Product Team, candidates must be excellent representatives of the Microsoft cultural attributes and leadership principles.
* Judgement: Excellent product and technical judgment. Consistently demonstrating maturity and intellectual curiosity, helping the team pursue the best ideas.
* 8+ years of related program management / product management experience
* 3+ years of people management experience, or relevant experience demonstrating readiness to step up into a people management role.
* Extensive and relevant experience with software security
* Strong project management and people management skills
* Track record of building high functioning teams, including recruiting and retaining diverse talent
* Proven competency in product leadership, organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbal communications
* Experience building software products with diverse engineering teams and stakeholders.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As the Edge Security product lead, your responsibilities will include:
* Strategic Leadership Work with the leadership team to define and communicate a strategic plan for ensuring that Edge is the most secure browser on the planet, and to help our users feel safe on the web.
* Team leadership Lead, manage, develop and inspire a talented and diverse team of program managers driving Edge security processes and developing and delivering innovative and effective user and enterprise security features.
* Partner with Engineering Work closely with the Security Engineering Leadership to deliver on our security commitments and experiences, and be accountable for results.
* Engage the Security community The Security lead will be the voice of browser security both with the internal Microsoft security community and represent Edge and Microsoft with external security professionals and communities.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.