We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
We are looking for a technical lead for the networking workloads and performance team at Arm. As a member of the Infrastructure Line of Business, you will act to accelerate the adoption of Arm technology to open up new markets for Arm products. You'll need to have proven experience on performance analysis and optimizations for Software Defined Network stacks (TCP/IP, DPDK, OVS, FD.io/VPP…) in bare-metal, virtualized (KVM, Xen), and cloud-native form. Experience with memory architecture and PCIe would be an added advantage. Basic computer architecture knowledge is helpful, in addition to being able to think creatively.
What will I be accountable for?
* Leading our effort to discover bottlenecks and optimize performance for network workloads on Arm systems.
* Collecting requirements from customers on networking workloads.
* Being a customer liaison and collaborating with Arm partners on issues and requests concerning networking performance.
* Optimizing networking software frameworks for Arm systems.
* Guiding Arm architectures and IP teams to improve networking performance.
* Influencing benchmark committees and participate to technical forums.
* Mentor and manage the work of few more junior engineers.
* Discover and address performance bottlenecks in control plane and data plane implementations on Arm servers.
* Contribute performance improvements and features to open source network stacks.
* Communicate in technical forums.
* Deliver presentations on networking workloads on Arm in conferences and public settings.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
* MS/PhD in Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent. 5+ years network software development, performance analysis and diagnostics experience.
* Experience with DPDK internals, TCP/IP stack in Linux.
* Experience of Ethernet is required, familiarity with Infiniband is helpful but not required.
* Experience with enterprise-class virtualization based on KVM. Familiarity with Xen and VMWare is helpful but not required.
* Container Networking experience is highly desirable
* Hands-on experience with profiling tools, benchmarking tools, and automation
* Knowledge in CPU architecture, end-to-end software performance.
* Performance data collection, cleansing and analytics.
* Knowledge of the Arm ISA is helpful but not required.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realize that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know'
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions light
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Awards
* 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
* Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
* Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
* Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
* Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
* Holidays, 13 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
* Sick Leave, 7 days per year
* Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
* Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
* Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the "Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
ARM Holdings designs microprocessors, physical intellectual property, and related technology and software.