Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively to deliver high quality technology solutions. The Cyber Security Controls Assessment & Verification family is responsible for the assessment, verification, review, and audit of General Computer Controls across the enterprise.
The Principal IT Security Compliance Specialist is responsible for the assessment, verification, review, and audit of General Computer Controls across the enterprise. The successful candidate will identify risks, evaluate deficiencies, and provide consultation and recommendations on remediation efforts, ensuring systems are in compliance with IT organizational policies, standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
* Develop, aligns and manages the execution of IT Compliance activities within the IT and Cybersecurity roadmaps and planning. * Work with IT leadership to mature the IT Compliance framework and integrate it into the business culture. * Senior responsibility for the design, development, harmonization and implementation of the PG&E Controls Framework. * Oversee performance of multi-platform (application, database, operating system, middleware, monitoring tools, and business processes) level audits based on predefined test objectives and test plans. Oversee retest of controls that have been remediated or updated as a result of previously identified deficiencies. * Obtain, review, and interpret evidence provided to validate controls are performed effectively * Obtain, review, and interpret organizational IT policies, standards and procedures to identify control points that would assist in mitigating risk to the business. * Review test results or interpret evidence for vulnerabilities, gaps, or control deficiencies; work with stakeholders to establish plans for sustainable resolution. * Identify, document and report to IT management risks associated with control failures and supports the identification of mitigating controls. * Actively monitors remediation of control gaps through on-going interactions with system owners and IT/Security Business Process owners. * Engage management in discussion about creative, efficient, and effective was to improve internal control environment. * Partner with control owners to ensure control documentation is updated periodically to reflect current control environment. * Capture and report to IT/Security leadership metrics on compliance efforts and control gaps. * Perform other tasks as necessary to ensure IT Audit and Compliance meets its commitments to internal customers. * Provide consultative direction to less experienced team members. * Support activities to strengthen the IT Compliance Program. * Support the IT Compliance Sr. Manager as needed.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent experience. * 8 years of general IT experience, to include IT security or IT risk management experience * Experience with Data Analysis and metrics reporting
Required Licenses or Certifications:
At least one existing certification from the following list, which must be currently maintained and valid: certification:
* Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) * Certified in Risk and Information System Control (CRISC) * Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) * Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
* Utility Industry Experience * Big 4 experience * Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley or North American Electric Reliability Corporation Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC CIP) v5 * Utility industry experience * Supervisory experience over an IT function, either direct or indirect * IT Security or IT Risk Management experience * Experience with enterprise-level programs
* Strong oral and written communication skills. * Strong analytical skills. * Solid understanding of network and systems security, system and network configuration, and application security. * Solid understanding of general computing controls (GCCs). * Able to identify complex control gaps. * Solid understanding of generally applicable and accepted auditing standards and framework (e.g. COBIT) and best practices for IT services management (e.g., ITIL), government guidelines and laws (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley Act, NERC/CIP). * Excellent planning, organizational, and project management skills. * Able to multi-task projects or assessments. * Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. * Demonstrated ability to support IT Compliance teams. * Provides technical leadership and servers as a senior level technical expert in areas of their specialty. * Ability to track multiple simultaneous initiatives through completion.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.