WHY DO WE LOVE COMING TO WORK EVERY DAY?
With over 10,000 superstars across 48 different countries globally, it is hard not to be inspired every single day. At Finastra we celebrate in global knowledge sharing, diversity and an opportunity to make a difference for each other and for our customers.
We are on a journey. After bringing two global Fintech leaders together in June 2017, Finastra has truly recognized the opportunity and power we have, by combining our expertise, successes and passion together. Whether it is in a collaboration hub or innovating with colleagues across our global landscape, we are one team creating a network of talent and creativity in a stimulating environment, to do what we can to make a difference for our customers.
Our people are leaders in their role and are always looking for new ways to help our customers grow, compete and optimize their business. From a graduate Software Engineer to an experienced Sales Executive - we are looking for personal leadership and people with the appetite to understand the markets and customers we serve. We drive innovation that challenges the status quo and feel proud of the positive differences that we make every day. We recognize talent and provide a work environment where leaders can drive results, develop and grow their careers.
Success is what you do, success is what we achieve, together.
The future of Finance is open - combine your talents with Finastra opportunities to create an exciting career with us.
For more information, visit Finastra.com
What will you contribute?
Reporting to the senior Director, corporate Services, the Principal Operations Engineer will provide technical support across a variety of technologies that include, server, network, database, security, and programmatic systems which we utilize to provide our market leading solutions to community financial institutions.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables as a Principal Operations Engineer will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Technical lead for Cloud Ops team; assign and track tasks to completion in support of the Director of Cloud Engineering, Operations, and delivery strategy. Meet capacity and up time requirements to provide an exceptional client experience.
* Participate in on-call rotation.
* Work in a high performing team of project managers, analysts, designers, and other support personnel to maximize revenue while delighting our customers.
* Drive process excellence and best practices throughout the customer life cycle and scale the overall business.
* Own and troubleshoot issues to conclusion.
* Collaborate with engineering teams to build and deploy broad technical solutions in support of the business.
* Review system notifications / logs for the proactive correction of issues.
* Develop and streamline processes to support company growth.
* Support Information Security team as needed.
* Perform additional duties as required.
* Lead a team of highly motivated and highly technical individuals as a senior team member.
* Minimum of four (4) years of experience with centOS/RedHat
* Basic understanding of networking concepts, hardware, firewalls, routers, and switches.
* Minimum three (3) years of experience with postgres, or deep experience with database platform support.
* Minimum two (2) years of experience with automation platforms such as Ansible.
* Ability to express or exchange information by means of oral and written communication.
* Position involves mostly sedentary work, exerting a negligible amount of effort to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Work involves sitting most of the time.
* Manual dexterity to input data into the computer
* Ability to stand, walk, reach, stoop, bend, and lift and carry up to 25 lbs. of weight (laptop, projector, suitcase, etc.).
* Some travel required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact us at 800-274-7280.
The Future is Collaborative. The Future is Open. The Future is Now.