Principal Full Stack Software Developer
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as an Agile team within a Fortune 100 company, we are on the front edge of an IT transformation for how people work and deliver solutions.
In Corporate Functions - Global Talent & Enterprise Services, our users are the employees of Liberty Mutual and we strive to deliver best-in-class software products that simplify their daily jobs. Our passion for placing the user at the center of everything we do is driving our incremental approach to software feature development and delivery.
About the job:
As a Principal Full Stack Software Developer you will work with your product team to develop user-centric software products from idea to production. This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue on our agile transformational journey.
As we grow this culture, mindset and capability, you will have the opportunity to help to lead this change with us.
Desired development skills:
* Familiar with server side frameworks such as Spring, and Relational & NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
* Familiar with CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (examples GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, Mocha/Karma, Cucumber, etc).
* Familiarity with event-based System of Engagement architectures.
* Familiar with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts) as well as a pair-programming mindset.
* Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development.
* Familiarity with test-and-learn approaches using web and customer analytics data, understanding how these drive hypotheses-based development.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
* Generally 8 years of professional experience.
* Highly proficient in software engineering languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
* Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
* Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
* Extensive knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, methodologies.
* Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts. Extensive knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts.
* Business function(s) and I/T industry business issues; extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives. Strong in multiple programming languages and tools.
* Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
* Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
* Extensive consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
* Extensive understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery.
* Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
We take care of our employees…
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
* Workplace Flexibility
* Wellness Perks
* Collaborative workspaces
* Sit/stand desks
* Career development, programs and classes
* Diversity & Inclusion programs
* Commuter Benefits
* Adoption Assistance
* College Savings Plan
* Education reimbursement
* Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a '2016 Great Place to Work' by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits - Benefits Information
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - Search Our Jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - Show me the Videos