Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Principal Enterprise Architect - Wireless to our location in Renton WA, Irvine CA, Portland OR or Beaverton OR.
We are seeking a Principal Enterprise Architect - Wireless to develop architectures and guidelines for the planning, design, staging, configuration and implementation of the enterprise wireless ecosystem. This position provides technical expertise and consultation to ensure 24x7 operational support and maintenance. It also involves collaboration with teams across the enterprise ensure proper alignment on deliverables.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
* Leads the identification, analysis and documentation of requirements for wireless technologies and services. Leads and organizes the creation and documentation of wireless designs. Researches, develops, documents and deploys emerging technologies and techniques. Prepares, deploys and coordinates installation of complex implementation packages.
* Leads the identification, analysis and documentation of requirements for end-point identity access management solutions; preferably ISE (Identity Services Engine). Leads and organizes the creation and documentation of ISE designs. Researches, develops, documents and deploys emerging technologies and techniques. Prepares, deploys and coordinates installation of complex implementation packages.
* Research, develop, document and deploy emerging Wireless and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) as it applies in the realm of Enterprise Location System infrastructure (ELSi) technologies and techniques, determining proper integration into existing systems to meet customer needs, as directed.
* Supports continuous improvement initiatives.
* Review and approve documentation and configurations for wireless access points, antennas, cabling, and controllers.
* Develop solution designs, conduct peer design reviews, and issue change requests to service suppliers while adhering to service lifecycle and technology roadmaps.
* Provide tier-4 incident support and troubleshooting.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Bachelor's degree in STEM or Information Technology field. Degree's in other fields of study considered with equivalent work experience.
* Wireless Cisco Certified Internet Engineer (CCIE) or equivalent certification or demonstrated experience.
* Expert experience integrating wireless with identity management systems ISE or equivalent systems.
* Extensive experience designing and implementing wireless intrusion protection systems.
* Expert understanding of wifi RF characteristics and signal propagation, including experience working with predictive and active surveys using tools comparable to Ekahau Spectrum Analyzer.
* Expert wireless network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
* Expert understanding of enterprise wireless authentication methods including 802.1x, EAP, RADIUS, etc.
* Extensive experience with wireless packet captures and analysis.
* Extensive experience with Cisco Prime Infrastructure, MSE/CMX.
* Extensive understanding of switch and VLAN configurations.
* Extensive understanding IP networking fundamentals and ability to work with LAN network engineers.
* Experience working with LAN, WLAN or WAN Infrastructure design, maintenance, or implementation.
* Documentation experience (creation and maintenance). Experience with Word, Visio, and PowerPoint creating and maintaining SOPs, maintenance plans, network diagrams, etc.
* Ability develop of Bills of Material and technical statements of work.
* Excellent vendor management and negotiation skills.
* Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
* 10 years Industry experience with large-scale enterprise wifi networks
* 10 years Advanced leadership responsibilities
* 10 years Held architecture related roles and responsibilities
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Passion for large enterprise transformation - using latest & greatest technology (fully funded). * 10 years Industry experience with large-scale enterprise wifi networks, preferably Cisco.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence St. Joseph health from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.