PRINCIPLE DEVOPS ENGINEER
The TrueBlue mission is to be a force for good by connecting people and work. We currently put someone to work every 8 seconds on a worldwide basis. We count 250 of the U.S. Fortune 500 as our clients and placed over 750,000 people with paying work in 2018.
As one strong team, we are redefining how people find work via technological innovations spanning the AWS cloud, high velocity CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure as code (IAC), machine learning and innovative AI-based approaches automating classical recruiting processes. Our technology vision is to automate our global infrastructure via a complete migration to the AWS cloud, which is currently underway.
As a member of the TrueBlue Technology organization you will play a key role in designing, implementing and realizing a complete technology transformation on a global scale that will materially transform the staffing and recruiting industries in the U.S. and abroad. This is an opportunity to join one of the few mid-sized public companies in the Puget Sound that has global scale and reach, while also providing access to the resources needed to drive meaningful technology innovation - and make a difference as an individual contributor.
TrueBlue, Inc. (NYSE:TBI) is a leading global provider of industrial staffing and outsourcing solutions through three business units: PeopleReady, PeopleScout, and PeopleManagement.
* PeopleReady, an industry leader providing on-demand and skilled labor in retail, manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, energy, construction, hospitality, and energy industries.
* PeopleScout, a leader in Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) solutions provides high-volume permanent employee recruitment process outsourcing and management of outsourced labor service providers.
* PeopleManagement provides on-premise contingent staffing and on-premise management of those contingent staffing services.
The Principle Engineer will strategically drive the conceptualization, architecture, implementation and operation for all DevOps functions at TrueBlue. The Principal Engineer will also be responsible for the following: Lead transforming the vision of automating our existing infrastructure environment and process into infrastructure as code. Ensure satisfaction of our business development and product teams by analyzing business and technical requirements. Translate these requirements into a cloud architectural blueprint and set of standards that outlines cloud infrastructure solutions for operational excellence, security, availability, performance efficiency, and cost optimization. Analyze and resolve complex issues related to cloud infrastructure components and be responsible for providing cloud resources and systems automation solutions as part of a team to deliver and support complex cloud hosted solutions. Assist with builds, tests, infrastructure and deployment, deployment to lab environments. Be responsible for automating operations, maintaining and supporting infrastructure, configuration management, coding and scripting. Communicate and collaborate with cross-cultural management, engineering, and operations teams to provide the most innovative and cost-effective solutions available to meet business technology needs.
* Working with cloud-based infrastructure design (primarily AWS), engineer and launch of products and services.
* Create and development strategies for Continuous Integrations, Continuous Deployment processes using CI-CD tools (Jenkins, Chef, Git, Artifactory, Redgate, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc).
* Extensive experience with deployments using PowerShell and command line scripting for Windows & Linux environments.
* Deploy and automate infrastructure/applications in a cloud environment.
* Design, build and improve the build and release process for multiple release streams of in-house enterprise software products.
* Maintain and support the existing code pipeline from various stages: code, build, and test, deploy, and monitor/measure.
* Design, build and maintain the automated builds and CI/CD environments and automation for Windows and Linux OS, either on premise or cloud based platforms.
* Build and deploy applications with security and high availability (blue/green deployment) in mind.
* Automate the installation, configuring, monitoring, alerting, tuning (and self-healing or destruction) of Application Servers in a load-balanced environment.
* Automating the scripting of database deployments targeted at MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, and Mongo in a clustered and hosted environment.
* Manage and monitor EC2 and Azure VM workloads for appropriate resource allocation and performance.
* Working closely with Development, QA, Product Management, and Production Ops teams to make sure Product Releases are timely and with quality.
* Provide capabilities for teams to be self-sufficient by automation or self-service instrumentation.
* Create and maintain run books and operational documentation "as code" within the DevOps vision for managing "Infrastructure as Software".
* Evaluate and review tools and influence decision on product selection
* Experience in Agile Methodologies and processes.
* Strong Automation, problem-solving skills, and ability to follow through to completion.
* Works with the Cloud Infrastructure Services team to assure architecture is aligned with IT standards and strategies.
* Build processes and procedures through rigorous testing that result in published documentation.
* Develops and maintains Cloud reference architecture and design documents.
* Ensure underlying virtual infrastructure architecture and technical decisions support the services and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs) needed to meet business needs.
* Responsible for day to day functions such as:
* Troubleshooting failures and productivity impacting events
* Leading Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
* Patching, updating and upgrading Cloud infrastructure resources
* Automating repetitive tasks using agile software development practices
* Bachelor's Degree + 5 years of related experience (Masters with 3+ years) or 8+ years of experience in Build and Release engineering, scripting and automation in a Unix and Windows environment.
* Intermediate to advanced level expertise in managing and troubleshooting the following platforms: UNIX, Windows 2008/2012 servers, Windows work stations and terminal services, and IIS/ TCP/IP network protocols.
* Proven experience with some of the following: Puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Octopus.
* Solid experience with on premise to cloud VPC VPN connectivity designs and approaches.
* Proficiency with deployment automation in the following languages: Java, Ruby, Python, YAML.
* Extensive experience programming/developing in a .NET, JAVA, SQL and Web (HTML, JS, CSS) environment.
* Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
* Demonstrated ability to identify process improvement opportunities, demonstrated knowledge of change management, and experience implementing new process/technology to standardize operations.
* Shell scripting using Powershell, Perl or other language.
* Practical experience in mentoring and leading other junior team members.
* Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced production environment with evolving requirements and architecture.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
TrueBlue employs approximately 7000 professionals and provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including: Company-matching 401(k); Employee Stock Purchase Program; Tuition Reimbursement; College Savings Fund; and comprehensive Health Insurance including Medical/Dental/Vision.
Corporate values of integrity and respect, and our ability to exceed client expectations distinguish TrueBlue as an employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.