My name is Rinu Varghese and I am a Sr. Technical Recruiter at TSR Consulting.
TSR Consulting services client has an immediate contract opportunity for Database Administrator
If interested, please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We don't work with 3rd party vendors on corp-corp
Title: Database Administrator
Location: Liberty Corner, NJ
Duration: Long Term
* Create and maintain cloud-based Databases such as SQL Managed Instances, SQL PAAS, Azure Data Factory, Amazon Aurora, MongoDB, Cosmos DB, etc.
* Run a team -onshore and offshore consultant DBA's in a dynamic 24x7 environment.
* Installation, administration and maintenance of standalone and clustered SQL Server database instances in development, testing, staging and production environments
* Design state-of-the-art technical solutions that address requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance with a focus on database workloads on SQL Server.
* Work with the DevOps team integrating Databases into the CI/CD pipeline to ensure database deployments and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
* Deliver on assigned database infrastructure related projects with participation through project lifecycle that includes new software releases, patch upgrades, prevention of feature exploitation, security and audit.
* Troubleshoot various problems that arise in day-to-day work. Independently analyze, solve and correct issues in real time and providing problem resolution end-to-end.
* Monitor and apply latest service packs for SQL Servers and apply Windows patches on SQL clusters.
* Manage database security by controlling database access permissions and privileges while complying with regulatory requirements.
* Design/Maintain a database backup and restoration strategy. Recover database to specific point of time per the requests or during outages.
* Proactive monitoring and performance tuning at the physical server level, database level and query tuning. Identifying and resolving production and application development problems.
* Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
* Establish and maintain best practices and operational procedures and generally provide guidance on SQL Server operation.
* Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
* Coordinate scheduled maintenance after hours as needed.
* Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other team members.
* Install and test new versions of both on-premises and cloud-based DBMS.
* Writing/updating database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions.
* Stay abreast of architectural/ industry changes; especially in the areas of big data and the cloud.
* Meets with internal clients as needed to determine needs and/or identify problem areas
Work Experience a
* Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design.
* Ability to successfully handle multiple work streams across multiple engagements, while maintaining composure and professionalism to meet tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
* Knowledge of and experience with the Azure Database Platforms.
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business Administration or equivalent work experience (minimum 5 years).
* Expert Knowledge on SQLServer AAG (AlwaysOn Availability Group) and SQLServer FCI (SQL FCI).
* Should be skilled in designing a SQL Azure solutions and migrating on-premises data to cloud as well as Hybrid Azure Cloud experience hosting SQLServer both in-premise and in Cloud.
* Experience with the setup and configuration of Power BI (Power Query, Data Management Gateway).
* Experience with Dockers/Containers.
* DB2 administration knowledge is a must for this position.
* TDE encryption for SQLServer and DB2 databases
* Strong understanding of Business Intelligence concepts and best practices, with an understanding of its strategic importance to organizations.
* Superior conceptual and analytical abilities, identifying opportunities for improvement through analysis and creative thinking.
* 5+ years, recent experience developing solutions in a Microsoft SQL Server environment using SQL, stored procedures, functions and triggers.
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 2019 Suite including (SSMS, SSIS, Query Profiler).
* Expert understanding of SQL Server security at both server and database levels
* Advanced knowledge and demonstrated ability in Query / Index tuning using Performance monitor statistics.
* Sound knowledge of database migration best practices for low risk and minimum downtime.
* Experience leading data migration projects.