Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Engineer / Architect Integration Cloud team
We are seeking an accomplished enterprise software engineer who can be a principal engineer and a thought leader for the Integration Cloud Service software development team. Cloud computing and integrations are dramatically changing the way software vendors and enterprises are composing their applications and solutions. Integration Cloud Service (ICS) - a product with 600 customers and Oracle Integration Cloud are initiatives at Oracle that enable web based integration development leveraging micro service architecture, supporting common integration patterns and encapsulating complexity while integrating Cloud products. There is immense potential that this group offers in terms of product development & innovation, moving forward. The group offers a unique opportunity to be involved with a varied set of Oracle technologies & tools, besides working with the best talent in the integration engineering & product management teams while following SCRUM/Agile methodology.
The right candidate has a combination of coding, design, architectural and communication skills and can work well in a team of highly experienced and similarly qualified engineers. You will need to have a deep understanding and extensive production experience developing large scale, complex highly scalable, responsive UIs.
This is a great opportunity to build on your experience as a skilled, innovative engineer, architect, fluent communicator and commercial product driver with a track record for quality, innovation and delivery.
More information about our organization, Oracle Fusion Middleware, and Oracle SOA Suite can be found here:
* Collaborate to create well-thought-out software designs
* Write solid, testable and maintainable code in Java that meets the functional specifications
* Be able to create RESTful web services using Java
* Design and code data schemas in a relational database using Java
* Collaborate with consumers and other team members to collect, understand and solve problems
* Develop unit and integration tests using Java testing frameworks
* Assist with build and deployment automation scripts
* Troubleshoot and resolve performance issues
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Highly experienced and efficient programmer in Java
* Create thorough, coherant design documents to be shared and reviewed by team and consumers
* Thorough understanding of Java and related technologies
* - be able to explain how they work down to the core
* Experience with Big data technologies a plus
(Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Redis, Elastic Search, etc...)
* Experience writing well-maintainable RESTful web services
* Good knowledge of SQL and RDBMS database design and JDBC
* Real experience with testing, code review, provisioning (Chef/Ansible/etc.) frameworks
* Have spent time as part of an agile development team
* 6 years of industry experience
* BS/MS in computer science or related field
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.