Title: Power BI Developer
Duration: 6 months + (Contract to Hire)
Location: Basking Ridge, Nj
* Designing data models, building dashboards & reports, building ETL processes, and implementing Data Quality & Monitoring Tools, Reporting/Analytics Tools and mapping those to optimal business solutions
* Tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable business ideas
* Create consistent and accurate technical and end-user documentation of implemented applications, databases and systems.
* Follow Microsoft SQL and database best practices to improve the operational reporting environment while focusing on resolving problems raised by team members, stakeholders and end users.
* Document the logical and physical components of operational databases and their functionality during the course of the work.
* Production support of our BI / Analytics applications, root cause analysis of incidents, defect fixing, enhancements, and developing new applications
Work Experience & Qualifications
* 3-5 years or more of business intelligence experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or computer or quantitative degree in conjunction with business degree or relevant experience.
* Proficient in quantitative analysis, visualization, and modeling using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Experienced in QlikView/Qliksense etc.)
* Experience in business data and analytics solution development and implementation, including data warehouse schema development, dimensional modeling, ETL creation and troubleshooting
* High proficiency in SQL (ANSI) with the ability to write complex freehand SQL including sub-queries, nested queries, and other advanced SQL features.
* Experience with Power BI, including modeling and creating expressions in DAX and Power Query.
* Proven ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources and build innovative solutions.
* Knowledge of Azure including services in their compute, storage, databases, management tools, and analytics portfolio.
* Experienced/Familiarity with Agile methodology.