IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries. Bottom line? We out-think ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
We are seeking a motivated individual with strong communications, organizational and IT management skills. The PMO Advisor will work in a PMO team for a federal client to coordinate across different IT projects on Risk, Cost, Schedule, Business, and Architecture impact. Candidates must have experience in Project Management, Agile, and SAFe methodologies. Candidates are required to successfully pass a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) and work on-site in Fort Collins, CO. Job duties include:
* Work as a part of an OCIO PMO to govern a portfolio of projects. * Oversee the PMO process implementation and ensures that information concerning content (e.g., deliverables, risks, issues) passes to and from sponsors * Implement Project Management best practices based on PMBok * Coach and mentor PMs * Operations, including maintain Project Risk Registers, providing Schedule updates & Data Call responses * Conduct Business Case analysis * Complete Portfolio Management reporting (for example Portfolio Reviews, OMB 300 and similar federal reporting) * Coordinate and participate in vendor deliverable reviews * Facilitate meetings and communication between projects and functional support areas.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
* Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills * Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations * Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
* Project/Program Management experience in a Federal Agency * Exposure to SDLC and Project Management Best Practices * Strong organizational skills * Ability to communicate with C-Level executives * Enthusiasm and proactive approach to tackling problems * Ability to multitask and escalate issues * Knowledge of scrum or Agile processes * Knowledge of Project Management processes * Must successfully pass a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
* Experience working in an OCIO environment * Familiarity with Budget forecasting * Familiarity with IT Governance * Experience with Portfolio Management * Familiarity with CPIC reporting such as OMB 300 and Portfolio Stat * Certifications: Agile, SAFe Practitioner, CSM, and/or PMP
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* Country:US * State:COLORADO * City:DENVER * Category:Project Management * Required Education:High School Diploma/GED * Position Type:Professional * Employment Type:Full-Time * Contract Type:Regular * Req ID:233964BR * Location:DENVER, CO US
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.