The Platform Administrator for Assessment Systems will oversee all activities associated with assessment and evaluation for Boston University's Educational Technology team within the office of Digital Learning & Innovation (DL&I). This position plays a key role in the support and improvement of assessment and evaluation processes at the university.
The Educational Technology team is comprised of three units: Instructional Production Services (IPS), Educational Technologists (ET), and Educational Platform Administration (EPA). The managers of the three units report to the Director of Educational Technology. Educational Platform Administration (EPA) administers and maintains key educational technology platforms supported centrally by Boston University in collaboration with Information Systems and Technology (IS&T). This group handles integration of new and existing platforms and responds to support inquiries. This position reports to the manager of EPA.
* Administer the assessment management system including technical support & training, vendor relationships, client communication.
* Administer the online course evaluation platform including technical support & training, vendor relationships, client communication.
* Create, maintain, and distribute documentation about requirements and specifications for assessments & evaluations such as Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), technical requirements, best practices, policies, etc.
* Provide administration support for Educational Technology team for related applications & software as needed.
* Communicate with key stakeholders, hold regular meetings with vendors and stakeholders to review exam processes and continuously improve the user experience.
B.A./B.S. and 3-5 years of work or relevant experience required. Advanced analytical, communication, and support skills Discretion and independent decision making in managing applications and complying with university confidentiality practices involving student data Ability to work/act independently and as part of a team Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.