Global Resource Solutions, Inc. (GRS) is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, proactive and talented individual for the position of Personnel Security Specialist I.
Summary: The Personnel Security Specialist I will provide personnel security support services to the client that include, but are not limited to, interpreting existing regulations, assisting support offices in processing requests for investigation and, when appropriate, obtaining pre-clearance for interim hiring or contractor activity. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of suitability processing as well as intelligence community security processing in accordance with the all applicable directives, regulations, manuals, and guidelines to adequately discharge the duties and responsibilities. Research technological advancements to ensure that security solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Perform electronic BI checks, using FDIC databases (e.g., Lexis/Nexis, TransUnion, Equifax, Experian and Dun & Bradstreet Business Information Reports), on companies and individuals to determine whether they meet OPM's Suitability Standard and FDIC Fitness and Integrity Standards.
* Apply criteria for designating the sensitivity and risk level for agency program positions and competitive service positions.
* Enter BI data into various databases; research, review, track, gather, analyze and compile data into a report.
* Prepare, gather, and review OPM BI forms for FDIC applicants, employees and contractors.
* Prepare letters and requests to federal agencies for investigative information.
* Prepare request to federal and district courts for criminal record information.
* Prepare letters and forms for national security clearance program and ensure clearances are loaded into the OPM Personnel Investigations Processing System (PIPS).
* Conduct research which may include contacting other government agencies and private companies by telephone.
* Review Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) criminal records, issue Letters of Inquiry to resolve issues of concern, prepare a formal summary of the findings, and make recommendations for the appropriate suitability/security determination.
* Assists SEPS with any personnel security matters identified in this SOW as needed.
* One (1) year experience in research, retrieving, reviewing, analyzing, and comparing background investigation material
* Experience in data entry on word processing databases, proofreading and administrative filing.
* Experience with Microsoft Word, E-mail, Voicemail, the Internet, Access, Excel, answering telephones, using copy machines, using fax machines, and customer service. Training on specific systems used by SMS will be provided Knowledge of OPM Suitability/Security standards as outlined in 5 CFR 731, 732, 736 and 752
* Knowledge and understanding of security regulations and policies affecting employment of individuals in federal government (e.g., EO 12968; 10450; 13562; 13488 and OMB Circular A-130, Appendix III)
* Manage large volumes of data entry tasks and BI material. Interpret and follow specific written and oral instructions. Communicate orally and in writing
* Meet deadlines
* Must be able to communicate with professionals on all levels
* Public Trust
* Expert in MS Office
* Ability to write and maintain high quality documentation.
* Excellent writing and communications skills
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
Physical Requirements: This position requires employees to be willing and able to: sit, bend, reach, stoop, squat, stand, and walk.
Communication: Excellent customer service via phone and face to face conversation, excellent written and oral command of English.
An exciting and rewarding career awaits you with Global Resource Solutions, Inc. (GRS). GRS is a management consulting company to government and business that offers great career opportunities and a comprehensive slate of employee benefits to our employees including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance and a retirement plan. GRS is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.