Manager of Systems Development
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking a dynamic Manager of Systems Development to partner with leadership to accomplish goals including system enhancement and optimization. The role focuses on managing the interface with our internal capability requirements (through IT and others) to ensure maximized system efficiencies. This position will manage a staff and be responsible for day to day supervision, scheduling, monitoring work of subordinates, career development, and discipline including hiring and firing authority.
Take this opportunity to join North America's leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
* Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
* 401(k) with company match
* Training and Career Development
* Generous Paid Time-Off
* Partner with Director, business leaders and IT to ensure all system enhancements and requested functionality are developed and implemented in a timely manner and to the requirements of the business.
* Participate in the execution of strategic plans within the department. Plan, script and test data enhancements and system upgrades.
* Lead efforts to upgrade and enhance current data systems and integrations between systems to ensure system optimization and usage by eliminating system redundancies and duplications.
* Compile and maintain a thorough understanding of the systems and capabilities of the key competitors in each market segment, in the form of a competitive analysis against our systems.
* Attend client meetings and new business pitches as needed to understand system requirements and build strategies for making technology a core competitive advantage in our current as well as in any new business units/markets.
* Supervise; train, mentor, discipline and delegate work to staff.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience required
* 5+ years of experience in a data/technology environment
* 2+ years of experience managing a team of direct and indirect reports
* Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment
* Demonstrated analytical skills and techniques
* Strong interpersonal skills - Ability to interact at varying management levels/client interface; Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
The Company is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Oracle HCM Strategy Director partners with leadership to accomplish goals including system enhancement and optimization. The role focuses on managing the interface with our internal capability requirements (through IT and others) to ensure maximized system efficiencies. This position will manage a staff and be responsible for day to day supervision, scheduling, monitoring work of subordinates, career development, and discipline including hiring and firing authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Direct team and help identify business requirements and map them to the Oracle functionality.• Effectively communicate and drive project deliverables.• Identify functionality gaps and develop solutions to them.• Direct the configuration of Oracle HCM Applications to meet business requirements and document application set-ups (including hands on work).• Direct and write business requirement documents for reports, interfaces, data conversions and application extensions.• Interact with the project team members responsible for developing reports, interfaces, data conversion programs, and application extensions.• Define testing scenarios and develop test scripts.• Support with the execution of test scripts.• Develop end-user documentation and training materials.• Deliver end-user training.• Provide status and issue reports to the Project Manager on a regular basis.
Direct Reports- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
Indirect Reports- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
* Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job. - Travel up to 10%
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
* 10+ years of functional experience implementing, upgrading and installing HCM business applications with an emphasis on the Oracle HCM modules including HRMS (Core HR), Oracle Advanced Benefits (OAB) and Compensation Workbench (CWB). Oracle Payroll skills helpful, but not required.
* Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic business environment
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* Performance Management/Learning Management Systems (LMS) installation, upgrade and maintenance plan experience
* Technical and Functional Expertise knowledge in the following modules: Oracle E-Business Suite (R.12) - HR Core, Self Service, Payroll, Time and Labor, Advanced Benefits, Compensation Workbench, Payroll, Performance, Learning Management, Workflow, Approvals Management, SSO, UPK and OBIEE.
* Other Systems - iCIMS and Concur. Reporting platforms - Toad, Discover, KBX and Oracle Reports. Tools - PL/SQL, TOAD for Oracle, Unix, BI Publisher, XML Publisher, Oracle Applications Framework, jDeveloper, Knowledge with DAC, ETL tools, Infomatica, ODI, Weblogic, Directory Services Manager (OID, SSO). Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite- (Excel, Access)
* Ability to lead a team of business analysts.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work well in a team environment.
* Self-motivated and able to plan work effort and manage priorities.
* Keen attention to detail.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws including Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinances. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.