Do you have experience as an Oracle developer? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your Oracle technical and functional knowledge and skills in a dynamic and growing environment?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking an Oracle Database Developer to help us provide technical and functional solutions and end-user support for our Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) and to help us advance this product to the next and latest version. You will be joining a hardworking team of developers who thrive on providing creative, innovative and timely solutions. We strive to foster an environment of learning and collaboration and as a member of our team, you will contribute to our continued success.
As an Oracle Database Developer your primary responsibility will be designing and developing technical solutions for application enhancements and bug-fixes for Oracle EBS modules and custom extensions;
You will . . .
* perform unit, system and interface testing in support of our Oracle EBS product and corresponding system interface areas * develop technical and functional documentation such as requirements specifications, program designs, test plans and user guides * attend and participate in project and operational meetings as well as provide timely status updates as requested
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you:
* Have a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field; or equivalent years of related work experience * Have a minimum of 3 years of experience (can include related academic work), developing software for Oracle database systems with demonstrated experience in: * Requirements analysis
* Data analysis and data model design
* SQL and PL/SQL development, including code debugging, query analysis and performance tuning
* System interface design, development and testing
* Writing technical documentation
* Strong collaboration, communication and teaming skills
* Openness to acquiring and applying new technical skills and knowledge
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have:
* Experience providing end-user support for Oracle Applications or other large ERP suite * Familiarity with ITIL processes * Working knowledge of Java or other object oriented programming language * Experience using RESTful Web services/SOA * Clear understanding of SDLC phases and practices
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.