Established in 2016, the Scientific Computing, Data Science and AI Transverse Research Program is at the leading edge of strategically important research areas that may impact all activities of Total Group. Our activities are accelerated through proprietary research, joint-industry projects, government and university-sponsored programs, and by leveraging alliances with corporate partners and other research centers.
Our strategic goals are fueled by research in the following exciting areas, where Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Operations Research will be crucial :
* Earth Imaging, remote sensing, teledetection,
* Image analysis,
* Industrial operations optimization (incl. predictive maintenance, early fault detection, etc…),
* NLP (Natural Language Processing) and Information Extraction,
* Energy management systems, smart grids, smart cities,
* B2C and B2B, contextual information
* Renewables energies
* Inverse problems
* New materials discovery, process modelling
The incumbent will play an important role in the creation and development of Total Saclay research entity for Data Science, AI and OR activity, contributing to R&D actions and projects. He/She will also propose additional actions and participate in scouting research institutes and companies in Paris Saclay area that could bring value to the company.
As part of its activity, the incumbent will:
* Conduct cutting-edge research to design and develop optimization / Operations Research (OR) algorithms for serving our multi-disciplinary and transverse operations in all Total branches.
* Contribute to the emergence of OR and Optimization research projects. Develop research ideas and concepts related to Optimization topics. Liaising with Machine Learning team.
* Contribute to code development and management within optimization software.
* Develop optimization prototypes to explore quick solutions in response to new (or updated) problems.
* Conduct test and performance tuning on developed software.
* Propose internship subjects, participate in intern selection and mentor intern with assigned project.
* Attend conferences with Optimization and Data Science focus and share relevant knowledge.
* Publish reports and peer-review publications summarizing research findings. Present results at program meetings and scientific conferences.
Total is a multinational integrated oil and gas company.