The Operations division partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets.
Regulatory Control Strategy & Change (RCSC) is a global team that acts as a center of project management excellence for the Operations division focusing on Regulatory related projects. RCSC plans and executes projects with significant regulatory risk and / or strategy implications, in partnership with various teams across Goldman Sachs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Lead complex and high-priority projects, and manage sponsors and stakeholders with competing priorities, resourcing levels and time constraints across all typical project phases: * Project initiation and scoping, including definition of plans and setting and managing realistic expectations for successful delivery with project stakeholder * Business analysis and requirements definition * Testing and implementation, in particular user acceptance testing * Ongoing project management and quality assurance throughout the projectBuild and manage relationships with key project stakeholders in Operations, Technology and Business
* Work with Operations business units to assess and streamline processes in order to mitigate risk or control issues and generate efficiencies * Provide support and advice to Operations management and project teams on project management tools and methods
Experience / Skills / Qualifications
* Bachelors Degree * 7 years of professional experience - required * 5 years of project management experience - required * Be a motivated, energetic team player * Have a proven track record of scoping and driving delivery of projects and achieving results independently on time and to budget including * Strong analytical skills and project management technical skills * Project scope definition * Project issues, challenges, risks definition * Status reporting * Development of high quality deliverables * Great organization skills - ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize accordingly and make decisions as required * Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to provide practical solutions
* Ability to work in project teams to help formulate the implications of a specific solution across the process, e.g. costs, risk, potential for re-use of services developed, etc. * Demonstrated ability to work across products, regions and functions, preferably in the financial services industry * Demonstrate excellent people management skills and ability to influence key stakeholders outside their direct control * Be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder * Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral * Strategic thinker with strong business analysis and planning skills. Capable of identifying and interpreting wider-ranging issues: * 'Big picture' understanding * Provides creative & innovative solutions * Ability to formulate the implications of a specific solution across processes, e.g. costs, risk, service
* Demonstrate confidence in interaction with senior stakeholders * Be a strategic thinker, able to lead project working groups, possessing strong facilitation and data gathering skills, and able to provide creative & innovative solutions * Demonstrate understanding of Operations processes and procedures and an ability to learn quickly - knowledge of processes related to Operations or the Financial Services industry would be an advantage. * Previous experience ideally from financial services and / or management consulting * Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio and Sharepoint