Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need in our US Public Sector group for a Systems Administrator in McLean, VA.
The Server Administrator's responsibilities include:
* Implementation of baseline changes and respond to change requests.
* Perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers; build servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware and coordination of application projects; and operate and maintain servers.
* May create and document new methods supporting network/system operations and implement changes to procedures.
* Consult with support teams, help desks, customers and other technical staff in the resolution of problems, coordinates and performs operation and/or maintenance activities for networks/servers, identifies recurring problems and recommends steps to reduce the severity or frequency of problems.
* Provide 24 x 7 monitoring support to Client/Server and Network Operations.
* Take appropriate action to maintain system availability.
* Review system anomalies, perform initial troubleshooting, generate and route SRS tickets to the appropriate service providers for timely work-off.
* Maintain current and accurate logs, accurately documenting all system outages and pertinent follow-up information as required. Remain current in with Standard Operating Procedures, System manuals and control logs.
* Maintain accuracy of all System Analysts task.
* Continue to develop state of the art knowledge and skills, as required, for the evolving technical environment.
* Remedy - SRS
* HP Openview
* Lotus Notes databases and e-mail
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* The ability to work closely with CSM Management, Client/Server & Network professionals and the customer community
Night Shift 6:30pm - 6:30am
Education and Experience Required:
* 6 Years of job related experience and High School/GED diploma
* 4 Years of job related experience and Associate degree
* 2-3 Years of job related experience and Bachelor's degree
* 1 Year of job related experience and Master's degree
'Clearance Required TS/SCI with Poly'