Network Tier 2 Technicians are an integral part of the success that encompasses the NOC Infrastructure team at CSI's Managed Services Group. Network Tier 2 Techs are responsible for tickets regarding our client's infrastructure that do not require escalation to a specialist level agent. They are responsible for ensuring critical issues are resolved to client satisfaction, meeting service level agreements. This position is a hands on technical role that comes with many benefits such as working with an innovative team, a strong focus on goal achievement, integrating the latest technologies and working in an ever changing fast-paced environment.
* Monitor, analyze, and resolve network second level incidents for CSI's Managed Services clients.
* Take ownership of network tickets until resolution or escalation.
* Ensure all tickets are updated with accurate information.
* Escalate tickets to appropriate specialists as necessary to ensure tickets are closed in a timely fashion.
* Provides assistance to Tier 3 staff with problem research and documentation.
* Provide technical escalation support to Tier 1 staff to ensure continuous improvement within technical staff.
* Follow documented procedures to record issue resolution to insure client satisfaction.
* Understand and work within established Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure timely response to inbound issues.
* Provide incident resolution via phone calls, remote tools, and email.
* Document resolution procedures within internal Knowledgebase where applicable.
* Complete technical and customer service training as assigned.
* Provide high quality customer service and network related technical support with an emphasis on issue resolution and quality.
* Train and mentor new employees as needed to ensure their success in the team.
* Communicate technical issues and solutions with clients in business terms.
* Work with other teams to identify the source of issues.
* Continue to improve technical knowledge through on-going training and certifications.
* Managed services experience.
* Experience with email flow and spam filtering products
* Experience with Websense URL filtering
* Experience implementing business continuity and disaster recovery backups
* Experience and certifications with SAN storage environments
* SAN experience
* Experience managing clients in a virtualized environment (Citrix, VMWare View)
* Experience in the financial service industry
* Familiarity with compliance regulations: FFIEC, FDIC, NCUA, and GLBA
* Ability to work in fast paced, rapidly changing environment and a STRONG desire to learn.
* Working knowledge of network environments including
* LAN\WAN routing
* Firewall administration including VPN administration
* Wireless administration
* Must be comfortable working with and troubleshooting Cisco networking operating systems including IOS, ASA, and Wireless.
* Minimum of 2 years of network operations support experience.
* Preferred: CCNA/ CCNP
* EXCELLENT oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with customers and team members.
* Ability to work variable schedules to include weekends, nights, and day shifts as required.
* Demonstrated commitment to customer service, incident ownership, follow through, communication and documentation.
* Team player required: must be able to interact with peers, management, and senior engineers in a constantly evolving environment to ensure a positive customer experience and atmosphere in the workplace.
CSI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, or any other legally protected basis.
2-3 years: Tier II Network Administrator/ Engineer
2-3 years: Managed Services Support