Andromeda Systems Incorporated (ASI) develops enterprise software used by physical asset managers to keep their equipment and fleets performing at their highest levels. Our customers include the Department of Defense, commercial fleet operators, and industrial facilities. We meet our customers challenges by developing state of the art solutions that bring together the fields of computer science, operations research, data science, and reliability engineering using the latest industry technologies. ASI has been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in America for 8 years.
ASI is seeking Network Specialists to support client requirements in Arlington, VA. We have opportunities for mid-level and senior candidates.
* Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations
* Designs, builds, and implements network systems
* Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance
* Troubleshoots network performance issues
* Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions
* Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems
* Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
* Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems
* Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications
* Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies
* BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related IT discipline
* Six (6) years of experience in an enterprise LAN/MAN/WAN environment
* Four (4) years of experience in network administration and analysis
* Experience working with appropriate complex network administration and maintenance
* Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes to include maintaining network system documentation
* Experience maintaining the integrity and security of networks and connected systems
* Experience evaluating vendor products and making recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and coordinating installation
* Experience in developing and monitoring policies and standards related to the use of computing resources
* Experience in developing and implementing testing strategies and documenting results
* Certified as:
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
* IAT Level II baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program (or achieve within six months of TOA of hiring)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Must have Secret clearance based upon a SSBI or SSBI-PR completed within the past five years
For more information about this and other open positions, please visit our website at www.androsysinc.com.
Andromeda Systems Incorporated is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As such, 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5, 41 CFR 60-741.5 as well as 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A are herein incorporated by reference, to the extent applicable.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.