As a Tier 1 / 2 professional, the NOC Operator will be working directly with our customers to solve problems, as well as monitoring and maintaining our secure, mission critical networks using our state-of-the-art network management tools. You will be part of a dynamic team, collaborating with your NOC peers as well as other senior engineers and management.
* Configure, maintain, and operate HPAs, LNAs, Switching systems, BUCs, BDCs, Up/Down-converters, LNBs, ACUs, modems, and IRDs.
* Assist both field technicians and customers in troubleshooting VSAT and remote end equipment.
* Update documentation, teleport plots, and trouble tickets.
* Work with our vendors to coordinate, follow-up and document equipment in need of repair.
* Perform fundamental IP Networking tasks, including configuring and troubleshooting routers and switches.
* U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government issued security clearance
* 2-4 years of experience providing Technical or IT support, preferably in a Call Center environment
* Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent military experience and training
* Experience supporting VSAT terminals
* Understanding of IP Networking concepts
* Familiarization with computer operating systems such as Linux and Windows
* Experience with COTS NMS tools (e.g. SolarWinds, HP OpenView, PRTG)
* Ability to work independently with little supervision
* Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate complicated issues to our customers and summarize findings in trouble tickets and emails
* Ability and willingness to work in a 24 x 7 scheduled environment, which includes working night-shift, weekends, and holidays; ability and willingness to work a rotating shift schedule
Valued but not required skills and experience:
* Experience with iDirect, Newtec and Comtech equipment
* Fluency in Spanish or French
About Speedcast Government
UltiSat and Globecomm are now Speedcast Government.
Speedcast Government provides mission-critical communications for our customers' operations even in the most demanding conditions for land, sea, or air. When your job is serving others, it's imperative you perform your work well. That's why you need a communications system you can depend on; one that proves resilient time and again in the harshest environments. We take your most complex networks and transform them into a comprehensive, fully-managed and efficient system at the service of your mission.
By joining Speedcast Government, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic and growing organization. We are proud of our diverse and talented workforce who are committed to doing quality work and ensuring that every customer gets best-fit/best-value solutions for their needs. We believe it's the people behind the technology we deliver who make the difference to the customers we serve. At Speedcast Government, we encourage your development and ensure you have the tools and resources you need to get your job done efficiently.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities / Women / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
If you are a disabled individual or disabled Veteran and require a reasonable accommodation in applying for any posted position, please contact us at (240) 243-5113.