Outperform your competition; consider becoming part of our growing family!
At ConRes, we believe that a Company is only as successful as its employees are and its customers.
With over 50 years of experience nationwide, we are a seasoned technology integrator that provides information technology solutions. Our IT experts offer Enterprise-class solutions ranging from cloud, virtualization, converged infrastructures, backup and recovery, to storage networking and security.
We are currently looking for a Network Operation Engineer in our Bedford, MA location.
Awards and Recognition:
* Cisco's 2016 Break Away Partner of the Year
* Area's 100 Largest Private Companies
* Continental Resources ranked #58 of 500 solution providers
* CRN's Tech Elite 250
The Network Operations Engineer will work with a team of managed services analysts and engineers to deliver excellent support and management of our customer environments. They will field issues and requests that are escalated directly by customer, end users, and monitoring tools. This role will have broad exposure across a range of network, server, virtualization and security platforms. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with an ability to learn quickly, and provide exceptional customer service.
The hours of the position are Thursday/Friday 11:00am to 7:30pm and Saturday/Sunday 3:00pm-3:30am.
* Perform basic troubleshooting steps such as checking logs, checking capacity, and running basic diagnostics across a variety of platforms including Linux/Windows servers, network devices, hypervisors and storage systems
* Respond to automated alerts
* Use a ticket system to provide regular status updates and make sure tasks are completed based on priority and compliance
* Research technical issues
* Work with OEM and 3rd party support providers to resolve issues
* Provide excellent customer service, staying calm and communicating clearly and professionally in stressful situations
* Perform other tasks as assigned by management
# of Hires Needed
* Qualifications or equivalent:
* High school diploma required, college degree strongly preferred
* Relevant entry-level certifications strongly preferred:
* Google IT Support Professional
* CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+
* Microsoft MCP
* ITIL v3 Foundation
* 0-3 years in a technical field
* Experience providing customer support
* Experience in 24x7x365 Managed Services or SaaS organization preferred
* Experience using ITSM and Monitoring tool sets.
* Highly analytical thinker and troubleshooter
* Detail oriented with excellent documentation and communication skills
* Self-motivated, passionate about technology, with the desire to learn new things
* Ability to use and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows, Office, and Office365
* A core knowledge of network infrastructure including switches, routers, load balancers and firewalls
* Foundational understanding of operating systems and servers, both physical and virtual
* Experience working with active directory to perform basic tasks, such as user creation and password resets