What you'll be doing...
Verizon Global Management Network (VGMN) provides telemetry management support to various Internal Verizon Service Networks on both Verizon Wireline and Wireless footprint as well as External Business Partners.The successful candidate will be responsible for the engineering of large, multi-protocol and multi-vendor management networks that includes new infrastructure build outs, new engineering site design rollouts, integration of management networks.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
* Create engineering site design templates, implementation plans, Statement of Work (SOW), and Bill of Materials (BOM).
* Build Method of procedures to allow Operations to implement the change in the network. Complex changes will require the candidate to produce custom configuration scripts.
* Ensure timely and cost-effective completion of work to meet the customer demands.
* Develop schedules, define resource requirements, and provide status update to the strategic programs within the network infrastructure.
* Participate in the engineering design discussions with various cross functional teams (Planning, Operations, End User teams and Project Management teams to ensure the Design is driven to completion.
* Ability to troubleshoot IPv4/v6 routing within Data Center environment and management data network infrastructure.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have
* Bachelor'sin Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or related field.
* Eight or more years of experiencein data network engineering in a large scale environment with demonstrated knowledge of design of LAN and WAN technologies including layer 2 switching (Spanning Tree, VLAN, 802.1q) and layer 3 routing (OSPF, BGP, ISIS, Multicast, MPLS, QoS).
* ExperienceRouting & Switching configuration experience with Arista/Cisco/Juniper platforms.
* Experience Firewall/Load Balancer platform configuration experience with F5/Palo Alto.
* Experience with the TCP/IP protocol suite aligning with OSI model.
* Experience with IPv6 (Addressing, Subnetting, Troubleshooting).
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.