At Universal Studios Hollywood (USH), our purpose is to create and deliver content so compelling it entertains, informs, and shapes the world. The Network Engineer is a member of the USH IT Infrastructure team that represents the larger global standards under the Universal Parks & Resorts Parks Technology umbrella. This position is responsible for the Universal Parks and Resorts Global UPT wired and wireless network. Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to design, implement, and support internal and external networks. Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements. Identify capacity and performance issues to ensure uninterrupted service. Provide network expertise for project build-out. Assist in the operational, strategic planning, and business continuity / disaster recovery solution. Work with other business units supporting special events. Work on attraction network infrastructure. Provide day-to-day support, proactive maintenance, and perform system troubleshooting. This position is located in Universal City, CA.
* Analyzes network needs, formulates business solutions using cost justification techniques, and implements solutions. Design/develop wired/wireless network architecture to support new technology, business solutions, or new venues. Provide 2nd-level support on attraction network infrastructure including Industrial IP support.
* Troubleshoots network and communication problems related to Local Wired, Wireless, and Wide Area Networks. Provides support for network users, partners, and third-party vendors. Respond to emergency network outages. Configure switches and routers to support business requirements and special events. Perform packet sniffing and analysis to troubleshoot data, network, and transport level issues. Support attraction Industrial IP networks.
* Leads and assists with special projects from start to completion. Work with all project teams to understand requirements, formulate networking solution, implement, and support solution. Responsible for successful network implementation supporting the respective projects deliverable. Test and develop new technology in accordance to UPR-IT Mission Statement and business goals. Assist in the operational, strategic planning, and business continuity / disaster recovery solution.
* Assists in design, implementation and documentation of network infrastructure (both logical and physical).
* Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in related field or equivalent work experience required
* 3-5 years' experience supporting Cisco networks (routers, switches), including 3-5 years' experience working on Cisco wireless, security, VoIP, or Datacenter.
* Strong understanding of network design and topology
* Experience troubleshooting Cisco switches and routers
* Cisco platform experience (WiFi, Security, Datacenter, VoIP)
* Cisco Certified Network Associate - Routing and Switching.
* Demonstrated ability of strong customer relationship skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex issues
* Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
* Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking are essential.
* Ability to recognize and implement improved efficiencies and productivity
* Able to mediate issues between users, team members or other personnel and subordinates.
* Able to mentor others as needed.
* Capable of being a self-starter/motivator and having a proactive, agile and strategic mindset are a must.
* Able to cope with adversity and handle urgent system issues under pressure
* Able to embrace and adapt to change while demonstrating flexibility and the ability to develop and follow new processes.