Bethesda, MD USA
Total Wine is in search of a Network Engineer to manage and support the Network team's mission to provide network and telephony infrastructure/services architecture, design/engineering, configuration, testing, implementation, maintenance, and support for our growing company and customer base. You will have detailed experience managing the full lifecycle of user consuming distributed networking services consisting of Cisco and Meraki WiFi, switches, firewalls, F5 load balancing, WAN/Routing, and Cisco Unified Communications and telecommunications.You will collaborate with our IT Field Operations and Information Security teams and will help establish our Network tteam. You will improve Incident, Change, Problem, and Release ITIL operational processes, coordinate with other IT/business and Vendor teams to develop technology solutions using the network infrastructure, and leading in financial, security and functionality. You will report to the Sr. Director, Information Security.
* Develop comprehensive technology support, maintenance and lifecycle plans that deliver measurable results; perform all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
* Create documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and dependent services.
* Provide direction to resolve complex systems software and hardware troubleshooting tasks, including technical support to other IT technical staff in areas where additional technical expertise is needed
* Maintain the TWM network and enhance the network to ensure best practices are implemented from a functionality and security perspective.
* Monitor established network and security policies, procedures and standards to ensure conformance with TWM's objectives. Develops and maintains various daily reports for audit review (security and change management).
You will come with
* Associates Degree in Computer Sciences, Electronic communication, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
* CCNA, CCNP, CCIE and related certification(s) valued.
* 3+ years of experience working in a network engineering role or network support role.
* Knowledge of network infrastructure, network connectivity, WANs, data/voice communication systems, services and system/network configurations. Network operations, design, and systems management.
* Knowledge and experience with Cisco Nexus, Catalyst, and ASA platforms
* Knowledge and experience with the Cisco Meraki switches, access points and firewalls
* Provide after hours and on call support when needed
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Generous store discounts
* Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
* 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
* Disability & life insurance coverage
* Paid parental leave
* College tuition assistance
* Career development & product training
* Consumer classes
* & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.