Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is looking for a seasoned Network Engineer to implement, maintain, and support the DoD network infrastructure I San Diego, CA.. Come join the team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
Planning and design:
* Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
* Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
* Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
* Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
* Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
* Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
* Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the DoD security team
* Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
* Proven hands-on network engineering experience
* CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
* Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
* Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
* Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
* University degree in Computer Science or a related subject
US citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance.
CCIE or CISSP
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.