Posting Job Description
At a glance:
* Do you specialize in network engineering and improving the end user experience through the development and implementation of network enhancements?
* Can you commit to a technical position providing expertise to guide the development of basic to intermediately complex network systems?
* Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their business goals by providing the digital infrastructure that enables them to outperform. Our portfolio includes fiber Internet, Voice, Video, TV and cloud Infrastructure solutions as well as network and managed services. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
Using your sharp technical skills, you actively simplify and enhance the client experience by planning resource requirements for basic to moderately complex network systems. As the Network Engineer II, you ensure the success of our commercial sales cycle by guiding the identification, forecasting and implementation of resource requirements. You are passionate about developing and integrating network enhancements and recommending process improvements.
As a collaborative team member, you work with multiple internal teams and third-party vendors. You maximize the department's success by monitoring protocol compatibility standards and ensure adherence for all requirements. You excel at implementing network architecture and designs. You thrive in an office environment and feel comfortable traveling to perform site reviews within a specified footprint. Depending on the business unit, you may be part of a 24/7 on-call environment. You report to the Manager of Network Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.
* Competitive Salary with bonus
* Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
* 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
* Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
* Education Assistance
* Pretax Child Care Spending Account
* Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
* Employee Discounts on Spectrum Services
What you will do:
* Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all technical efforts to enhance the client experience.
* Drive network engineering projects by participating in the planning of network architecture, design.
* Maximize projects by integrating communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
* Improve productivity through in-depth new product evaluations and develop resolutions to network issues during implementation.
* Maintain product and service quality by assisting in the development and documentation of technical standards.
* Ensure successful project completion by documenting and implementing approved procedure methods.
* Increase network capabilities through the design of protocol compatibility standards, network enhancements and implementation and improvement recommendations.
* Optimize and configure the existing network by planning and working on projects, systems and issues of medium to high complexity.
* Support tiers across the organization during program implementations by providing escalated troubleshooting and issue resolution.
* Enhance efficiency by serving on one or more projects simultaneously and occasionally as a project team lead.
* Improve the department by guiding and mentoring less experienced team members.
* Mitigate risks by complying with all industry-specific local, state and federal regulations for every project.
Required keys for success:
* Three or more years of data network experience
* In-depth data networking knowledge with the OSI Model, TCP/IP and Optical Transport
* Expert in related industry specifications and standards for IEEE, ANSI, multi-mode fiber, single-mode fiber, UTP, bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
* Advanced knowledge of network design, devices, appliances, architecture, protocols and topology
* Experienced in using internal and vendor ticketing and software tools
* Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced team environment
* Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
* Fluent with written and spoken English
How you will stand out from the crowd:
* Knowledge of Spectrum Enterprise products and services
* Understanding of Video Compression such as MPEG2 and MPEG4
* Familiar with Video Modulation specifically QAM256. If we ever do any kind of content acquisition QPSK and 8PSK is desired (Sattelite Receivers use these modulations.)
* Knowledgeable of Video Encoding like SDI, ASI, SPTS and MPTS
* Advanced understanding of IP Multicast such as IGMPV3 and V2
* Experience with Video Monitoring equipment such as Sentry and ExFo and MPEG Transport Stream Structure and PIDs
* In-depth experience with Arris, Cisco, Harmonic, ATX, and EQAMS
* Experience with Cisco DCMs, Harmonic ProStreams, Arris CAP1000s, Video Transport and Processing gear
* History of working with Unix and Linux
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience (required)
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (preferred)
* SCTE Digital Video Engineering Professional (DVEP) Certification (preferred)
* Industry or vendor-specific certification and training (Cisco, Juniper or Alcatel-Lucent) (preferred)