Our Network Engineers are truly at the center of everything happening at Forbes. They have the responsibility of ensuring the Forbes team is always connected to each other and to the world. They help ensure our millions of website users are able to consume content via the Forbes.com website. This is all achieved by maintaining a rock-solid network that is as secure as it is fast.
In addition to joining a high performing team, you would be joining a passionate and engaged culture that celebrates:
* Entrepreneurship: Freedom to innovate, identify new opportunities and take on responsibilities. * Career Development: Formal mentorship program, industry conference attendance and speaking opportunities. * Work/life Balance: Flexible work schedule, regular group outings, celebration of passion projects and side hustles, optional mindfulness sessions twice a month. * Positivity: Emphasis on positive communication, transparency and team building
If you're looking for challenges and opportunities similar to those of a startup, with the benefits of a seasoned, successful company, read on.
* Provide day to day operational support and maintenance of network and VOIP systems. * Monitor and analyze network infrastructure for stability and dependability across multiple platforms. * Ensure a high level of availability of network and services, monitoring existing hardware, software and network performance as assigned, providing prompt response to issues. * Maintain accurate system change logs to track all device patch levels and network security policy changes * Assist other infrastructure engineers with network/security related issues.
* Experience with configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining networking technologies. * Understanding of Network Fundamentals * Maintain knowledge of the Information Technology industry to effectively address the ongoing demands for enhancements to existing network and services. This may include team or individual research and testing, reading, attending conferences.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related discipline, or equivalent work experience * 2+ years of related Network experience, both on-prem and cloud * 1+ year of working in 802.1x environment and Cisco ISE * Cisco Certified Network Associate * Strong problem solving and customer service skills * Excellent written and verbal communication * Experience presenting technical material to groups with varying skill levels * History of being flexible and adapting to new technologies and environmental changes
* Access to and support from senior managers vested in your development and growth * An environment where experimentation is not only allowed but encouraged * Passionate teammates and coworkers * Opportunities to advance * Competitive pay
The defining voice of entrepreneurial capitalism, Forbes champions success by celebrating those who have made it, and those who aspire to make it. Forbes convenes and curates the most-influential leaders and entrepreneurs who are driving change, transforming business and making a significant impact on the world. The Forbes brand today reaches more than 120 million people worldwide through its trusted journalism, signature LIVE events, custom marketing programs and 40 licensed local editions in 70 countries. Forbes Media's brand extensions include real estate, education and financial services license agreements. For more information, visit: ww
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.