The Network Engineer is responsible for specifying, configuring, implementing, maintaining, and supporting the overall Network and Communications Infrastructure and Services to Troy Corporation. They are expected to achieve superior performance of global network infrastructure & services to support evolving company requirements. They will also be responsible for preparing, recommending, implementing, and supporting global network infrastructure and operations standards, policies and procedures. This position is accountable to review performance by monitoring and reporting performance and proactively resolving performance issues. The Network Engineer will compare and report global network infrastructure & services performance against established standards, making informed cost effective recommendations for improvements, and implementing approved recommendations on time, within budget, and meeting quality standards. Ultimately creating and maintaining a detailed global catalog of network infrastructure & services equipment, software, and services. The Network Engineer is also responsible for establishing and maintaining effective, collaborative working relationships with fellow employees and vendors
GOALS PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Achieving established goals and objectives with superior performance of projects, activities and tasks on time, within budget, and meeting quality standards
* Recommending short and long term network, and communication goals and objectives
* Preparing definition, scope, milestones, tasks, resource requirements and progressively updated timeline for each network, and communication goal and project
* Preparing and presenting progress reports on all active projects and activities
The successful applicant for this position will have the following attributes:
* Has a positive contagious attitude toward superior performance and quality standards. Inspires team members to have the same positive contagious attitude.
* Is of solid character and high integrity in all dealings.
* Demonstrates the ability to achieve goals on time and within budget. Develops actionable project plans with clear milestones supported by multiple activities and tasks each with clear deadlines and resource allocations. Manages multiple projects including priorities and deliverables.
* Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills. Participates in detailed meetings with team members insuring a clear understanding and commits to delivering the highest quality services and meet time expectations. Communicates clearly and effectively with upper management identifying progress, issues and solutions.
* Demonstrates the ability to work in an effective, high quality team. Participates in training, mentoring and coaching as needed and appropriate.
* Thinks logically and uses initiative to take independent action / communicate with other employees without supervisory assistance. This includes, but is not limited to knowing when a problem needs to be escalated or when cross functional collaboration is required.
* Presents multiple solution options using an approved proposal format and makes principled recommendations when faced with problems that must be escalated to a higher decision level.
* Will execute on projects agreed to by management with urgency and diligence. This includes formal documentation for all projects, aggressive management of vendors and internal resources in order to achieve deadlines.
* Is cost conscious, and will not recommend expensive technology to solve problems when it is not required. Justifies all recommendations.
* Understands that IT is a support function at this company and that excellent customer service is a key part of our deliverable as a department. This means treating the user community with respect and servicing their requirements in a friendly manner.
* Will use practices and procedures to foster a positive work environment, a strong work ethic, and performance excellence in the network, phone and communication area, and the IT department at large.
* Accepts responsibility for the quality of all network, phone and communication activities in all its aspects (ease of use, functionality, output quality, availability, etc.) and does not simply produce to specification.
* Accepts responsibility for other assigned special projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Technical Degree or equivalent experience is required. Ten or more years of increasing network & communication analysis experience and demonstration of competence with required systems within a state of the art IT environment is required. Five or more years managing network & communication equipment and infrastructure in an international Multi-Server WAN environment.
CISCO CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) Certification or higher, or the same level experience are preferred.
Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with many of the following:
* Cisco Firewall and VPN administration and maintenance
* FortiNet Firewall and VPN administration and maintenance
* Juniper Firewall and VPN administration and maintenance
* Cisco Umbrella
* Active Directory (AD) 2008, 2012, 2016 Administration and Maintenance
* WAN (Wide Area Network) design, configuration, implementation and maintenance using MPLS and Internet IPSEC & SSL VPN
* SDWAN experience a plus
* Mobile Data Management (MDM) configuration, maintenance & administration