* Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks.
* Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
* Supports compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance.
* Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
* Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
* Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
* Supports the testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
* Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
* Supports complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
* Supports the routine testing and analysis of all elements of network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
* Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
* Troubleshoots network systems and recommends improvements to the network.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related technical discipline.
* 3 - 5 years of directly related experience in network analysis, design, configuration and implementation.
* CCNA certification or higher is a plus.
* Proven hands-on experience with network design and configuration, including high availability, redundancy, failover and load balancing.
* Considerable hands-on experience with the logical, physical, functional, operational, and technical architectures of large and complex networks.
* Knowledge and experience with networking technologies and protocols.
* Experience troubleshooting network systems.
* Knowledge and experience with network security at all levels of the network.
* Knowledge and understanding of cloud networking technologies.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.