Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a full time Network Engineer to support operations and testing of Unmanned Surface Vessels (USV) for the US Navy in San Diego, CA.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate must have experience with the following:
* EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 5 years of experience operating and maintaining LINUX Networks.
* EDUCATION: Must have a High School diploma.
* CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: Sys Admin certification or significant similar experience.
* SECURITY CLEARANCE: Eligible for Secret clearance.
* TRAVEL: Some travel may be required.
* Must have at least five years of experience operating and maintaining LINUX-based networks.
* Must have five years experience operating and maintaining blade servers.
* Must have experience programing/operating Controller Area Network (CAN) bus or other microcontroller networks.
* Must have the ability to function in a fast-passed environment that includes at-sea testing of military systems.
* Experience with shipboard applications of computer networks.
* Formal LINUX network Systems Administrator certification (will consider candidates with significant experience, in leu of formal certification).
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
* Configure, patch, and update LINUX-based networks.
* Assist with achieving and maintaining Information Assurance (IA) network security certification.
* Troubleshoot and repair network problems.
* Assist with at-sea testing of networks on military vessels.
* Administer user accounts.
* At-sea testing may sometimes require up to 60-hour work weeks.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.