Join the AMA Insurance team as a Network Engineer. As part of the AMAI IT Operations team, you will maintain and support all network equipment for the AMAIA staff. This includes all hardware, software, and peripherals within the company. You will proactively monitor all servers to ensure maximum availability. You will perform all network administration and lead efforts regarding system enhancements, internet/intranet access, network security and disaster recovery. You will assist all users through problem areas.
Other Responsibilities will include:
* Recommends, designs, installs and maintains all servers. Plans and executes all server updates and upgrades. This includes anti virus protection, back ups, service packs, SMS, security policies, etc.
* Recommends, installs, and maintains all desktop applications. This includes Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Adobe, etc.
* Provide technical support to our clients for all network components. This includes creating and updating Access databases, configuring desktops, creating accounts, administering permissions, securing the data, configuration of TCPIP, ODBC, VPN, etc. Also supports all network peripherals including printers, scanners and laptops.
* Works closely with the Operations staff to ensure that core concepts and technical knowledge, of mission critical systems, is transferred. Ensures that personnel are trained thoroughly enough to act as back up.
Participates in special projects and completes tasks, as assigned by management.
* Minimum of five years experience in a network engineer role
* High school diploma or technical degree
* MS certification preferred.
* Experience in network architecture and deployment
* Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations. Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required
* Knowledge of current Microsoft Windows and Office products
* Knowledge of Apple-Macintosh for hardware, operating systems, or any other appropriate application
* Ability to express technical concepts to business users effectively, both verbally and in writing
* Ability to analyze hardware/software problems and select proper corrective action. Ability to order, maintains, and stock parts and new equipment
* Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and push a cart loaded with at least 50 pounds
* Excellent customer service skills
* Must be able to work in a team environment
AMAI offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. American Medical Association Insurance is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, American Medical Association Insurance will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION