Job TitleNetwork Engineer 2
In this role, you have the opportunity to help us achieve our goal of connecting our medical devices in the field to our world-class remote service centers by applying your skills in network design and troubleshooting in order to improve the speed and efficiency of our customer service organization.
You are responsible for
* For Remote Service Network (RSN) problems that cannot be resolved by the Tier 1 Helpdesk team, the issue may be escalated to the HSDP PRS Tier 2.
* The Tier 2 support team comprises specialist engineers with skills in particular areas of technology. This team responds to complex networking and application problems and may need to escalate some problems to vendors or work with Health Care Facilities (HCF) to determine root cause and resolution.
* Network problem resolution, applications technical support, Knowledgebase input and maintenance, and overall customer satisfaction resolution for Philips Remote Services (PRS).
* Provision all sites and systems for PRS, they will work within SLA and deliver excellent customer service to our internal and external customers.
* Interacting with Philips field service personnel as well as hospital IT personnel in order to successfully connect Philips equipment to the RSN.
* Overall network uptime and connection oversight in order to quickly resolve issues with the network environment.
You are a part of the Global HSDP PRS network engineering team.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* Bachelor's degree
* CCNA Certified
* Strong understanding of moderate to advanced network principles and Internet architecture.
* Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Subnetting, DNS, and DHCP
* Strong understanding of network access methods including Cellular, ISDN, wired/wireless, xDSL, T1, DS3
* Strong understanding of VPN technologies
* Moderate to advanced knowledge of network topologies and networking components including routers, switches, VPN Concentrators, and firewalls (hardware/software)
* Expertise with spreadsheets and data analysis tools is required
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent root cause troubleshooting skills
* RSN Documentation - Improve RSN knowledgebase by documenting infrastructure, and providing the field with RSN technical requirements
* Training - Continuing education to the field on RSN connection troubleshooting and configuration
* Operations - 99.5% uptime of Network. Contribute to the overall performance, stability, and uptime of the Remote Services Network
* Tier 2 Networking Helpdesk - Respond to Escalated tickets within SLA
In return, we offer you
We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)