Job Posting Description
The Digital 2.0 team at Boston Children's Hospital is designing digital solutions to enhance access to world-class pediatric expertise and build the care delivery model of the future. We are a multidisciplinary team spanning tech, business/strategy, and clinical backgrounds, working collaboratively to equip our patient families, referring providers and our caregivers with innovative, best-in-class digital tools. Join our team and discover how your talents can help change the landscape of healthcare, and the lives of others. Yours included.
This Network Engineer III will be responsible for:
* Actively managing and monitoring the performance of the Hospital's data networks to ensure that clinical, administrative, research, and other critical applications have quality connectivity to their systems.
* Ensuring network availability in a 7x24 hr. environment and that users have full connectivity at all times. Proactively managing the networks to avoid network overloads or reduced performance.
* Maintaining the network hardware and software comprising the Hospital's local and wide area networks.Assisting in establishing network strategy and industry trends. Evaluating new technologies, consults with vendors, and recommends their use where appropriate. Providing high level expert analysis on network related issues. Responding to and resolves network difficulties.Leading projects in network design, equipment acquisition, and implements new networks. Providing technical guidance and work direction to other analysts or data technicians.
* Developing and maintains network management tools, utilities, and macros.
* Creating and maintaining network documentation necessary to insure the efficient operation of Hospital networks.
* Developing network connectivity standards for Hospital's networks including Security compliance. Ensuring network conformance internally and externally with affiliate partnership locations.
* Maintaining proficiency in the use of datascopes, breakout boxes, and other test equipment required for network management.
* Playing a leadership role in the ISD capital budget for network management and network related components.
To qualify, you must have:
* Knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field and 5 years' experience.
* Analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to solve problems OR design relatively complex systems.
* The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.