Want to be part of a growing organization where your contribution is vital to communities everywhere? Like to be challenged, valued and depended on?
At Tesco Controls, were automating and controlling processes to keep our water supply safe and plentiful. Tesco is 100% employee-owned, with a family & fun oriented culture and 45 years of financial stability. As one of the largest system integrators for the water/wastewater industry in the U.S., we work on some of the most complex water projects in the world.
We are looking for an experienced and highly skilled Network Administrator for our Orange County office. This role will also serve the IT needs of two additional remote offices.
If you're looking for a fulfilling career with a financially thriving company that encourages new ideas and treats employees well, we invite you to consider becoming a member of our team!
Under general direction designs, supports, maintains and evaluates computer networking and telecommunication systems; installs, configures, and maintains both physical and virtual computer servers; maintains employee network and e-mail accounts.
* Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing network device administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols
* Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls
* Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems as needed
* Secures network by developing network access controls and policies, monitoring, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
* Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
* Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
* Must be willing to work after hours and weekends as needed
* Perform all other duties as assigned
* Network Performance Tuning
* LAN Knowledge
* Network Design and Implementation
* Problem Solving
* Strategic Planning
* Quality Focus
* Technical Understanding
Education and Knowledge:
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
* Networking standards and protocols knowledge
* MS Operating systems and MS Server software knowledge
* Exchange experience preferred
* Cisco knowledge a plus
* Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification preferred
* At least 4 years IT networking (WAN, LAN, Wireless LAN, Telephony) experience in a multi-location networked environment.
* At least 4 years experience in PC system setup and support
Experience with development network preferred.
If you feel that you are good fit for this role, please apply and we will respond as soon as possible to you. Thank you!
More about Tesco:
Tesco Controls, Inc. is a full service system integrator and original equipment manufacturer specializing in the water/wastewater, traffic and electric utility industries. Tesco's completed over 42,000 successful projects (and over 200 SCADA systems) for its customers. Tesco's corporate office is host to a new 125,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility. Tesco is a certified member of the Control System Integrators Association (CSIA). This certification assures our customers that Tesco delivers a level of excellence, and follows industry best practices and procedures. Founded in 1972, Tesco has emerged as an industry leader whose success can be attributed to complete customer focus and the development of innovative products that reflect quality, reliability and functionality. Tesco is proud to manufacture all of its products in the U.S.