The Department of State, Office of Medical Informatics (MED/DMD/MI) requires qualified support personnel to provide day-to-day support for its Information Technology (IT) systems management, operations, and maintenance activities. These activities include: system configuration control, Help Desk/user support, system administration, network administration, system security administration, database administration, and website administration. These functions are under the direct oversight of the MED's Medical Informatics (MI) Division. Candidates will provide MED with comprehensive IT support for its critical clinical and business operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
* Perform routine and recurring tasks of administering MED's information systems.
* Monitor and troubleshoot system availability.
* Identify and resolve issues and problems.
* Prepare documentation.
* Apply appropriate security measures.
* Establish and monitor scheduled and ad hoc backups.
* Assist MED bureau customers.
* Assist in the management of MED's development environment, which will include ~20 virtual servers.
* Manage peripherals and devices such as video teleconferencing equipment, printers, laptops, Dedicated Internet Network (DIN) workstations, Blackberries, iPhones, scanners, and backup off-site storage.
* Bachelor's degree in information technology science; or
* Bachelor's degree in a non-IT related field with 2 years direct experience supporting computer systems and users within a federal Government IT work environment; or
* 6 years' direct experience supporting computer systems and users within a federal Government IT work environment; and
* 2 years of substantive experience with Windows Server 2008 (and above) software installation, configuration, and patching procedures; and
* 2 years of substantive experience in managing access controls and maintenance procedures within a Windows Server 2008 (and above) environment; and
* 1 year of substantive experience in managing backup and recovery functions using Avamar or a similar system and virtual machine level data recovery product;
* Requires an active security clearance at the SECRET level
* Supervisory Controls: Coordination with supervisor to discuss timeframes, scope of the assignment including possible stages, and possible approaches. The ability to uses initiative and sound judgement in planning and performing assignments and resolving issues as they arise. Informing supervisor of status of assignments and reviewing results periodically.
* Guidelines: While a wealth of reference materials and standard operating procedures (SOP) exists, must be able to use good, independent judgement in analyzing root problem causes or knowledge gaps and applying appropriate methods.
* Complexity: Independently evaluate unusual circumstances, interpret data, and employ a variety of techniques and methods best suited to the situation.
* Scope and Effect: Work involves ensuring the high availability of all MED's critical system servers running MS Windows 2008 and above. Ability to employ a range of tools and techniques to support the health of MED's systems. The effect of this work is to enable employees throughout MED to effectively use IT resources to meet their job requirements.
* Personal Contact and Purpose of Contacts: Ability to plan, coordinate, or advise on work efforts, or to resolve issues or operating problems by influencing or persuading people who are working toward mutual goals and have basically cooperative attitudes. Ability to identify options for resolving problems.
Travel is not anticipated but must follow Government JTR Regulations if needed.
Position consists of sitting for long periods of time, using hands/fingers, handling, reaching with hands and arms, listening and speaking. Periods of walking, standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and lifting equipment weighing up to 30 pounds. Moderate to extended periods of office work with heavy periods of computer usage. May be assigned occasional to moderate periods of analytical tasks requiring extensive reasoning abilities. It is Katmai's business philosophy and practices to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed primarily indoors in a well-lit office or server room environment. The environment is normally air conditioned, but conditions may change depending upon circumstances. Work may need to be performed in a fast-paced environment requiring quick thinking and rapid judgments. The employee will be exposed to a wide variety of clients in differing functions, personalities, and abilities.
40 hours per week. May be required to work additional hours as deemed necessary for adequate deliverable of services. May require flexible hours.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/FrUjevEY7z
EEO Supplement Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/pzpazUDsKb
Pay Transparency Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/XP6htB3UCc
Right to Work Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/KGGBPdDBaV
Right to Work Poster (Spanish): https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/vUsEZp98X4
E-Verify Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/ZnhZwl4XK1
E-Verify Poster (Spanish): https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/HFEbHdtz1e