How do you scale to a multiple billion-dollar company with thousands of users? Are you ready to shake things up? Join Splunk as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experiences for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other's success.
Splunk is seeking a Network Administrator to join the Network Engineering Services Team, a role responsible for supporting and maintaining the global corporate, development, and production infrastructure within our cloud and data center networks. You will diagnose and resolve network issues with wired and wireless connectivity, assign IP addresses, configure switch ports, and develop service dashboards.
You will have an interest in learning to deploy and support a diverse variety of environments, including large, high availability networks. Strong customer service skills will be necessary for this position, as the engineer will interact with employees on a regular basis. You will assist with projects, network upgrades, maintenance activities, and on-call responsibilities.
* 2+ years of network administration experience, supporting small to large enterprise environments
* Knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols and fundamentals
* Knowledge of switching fundamentals such as Ethernet, VLANs and STP
* Familiarity with Cisco IOS
* Experience using network diagnosis and packet analysis tools
* Knowledge of Cisco wireless network components
* Strong verbal, written and social skills are a requirement
* You will work independently and solve problems with speed and efficiency
* Ability to self-motivate, handle, and prioritize competing tasks
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to work after hours to support projects and maintenance activities
* Potential travel to support field office projects
* Daily operational support of Splunk's global network infrastructure
* You will coordinate and implement network software and hardware upgrades
* Your will resolve performance connectivity and related network problems
* You will develop network services metrics and dashboard
* You will submit and track purchase orders
* You will review telecom carrier maintenance notices to determine service impact
* You will resolve network connectivity issues
* You will handle service ticket queue to ensure timely resolution for end user issues
* Support for network deployment and maintenance projects
* Author network documents
* Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
* up to and including DNS, DHCP, and VPNs
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
We value diversity at our company. Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.