For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world's most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
6-190127-8446: .Net Developer
LocationU.S. - Virginia - Arlington Open Date1/27/2019 JOB DESCRIPTION
STG, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a qualified, professional, and experienced Software Developer in Arlington, VA to conduct software development and maintenance activities for the Department of State. The developer will work closely with the customers, agency partners, STG Management, and Scrum Teams to devise application software, services, interfaces, and database solutions. The work is located in the Washington DC Metro area.
The selected individual will collaborate closely with the development and operations teams and customer stakeholders to bring together the full range of technical and business competencies needed to enable successful achievement of customer service deliverables and SLAs, technology transformation, business requirements and other work deliverables which are consistent with organizational goals and objectives. The candidate will work in a collaborative manner with the operations and architecture teams to propose, brainstorm, represent, and implement simple to complex architectural solutions.
The candidate's work responsibilities include the following:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Act as an active member of Agile Scrum teams
* Ensure successful on-time delivery with minimal to zero defect rates
* Conduct project/iteration planning and establish cadence in development
* Work in support of a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools/people/skills ecosystem in an Agile and DevOps setting
* Participate in designing custom/COTS software solutions using Java, MS SQL Server and related technologies
* Participate in design and code walkthroughs and participate in peer reviews
* Propose, brainstorm, document, illustrate, and implement simple to complex architectural solutions
* Participate in Change Management processes and provide feature/architectural reviews and feedback for system changes
* Mature Test and Build Automation and Test-Driven Development processes within the team
* Experience in customization of Microsoft TFS is highly desirable.
* Experience with SOA (especially Oracle SOA)
* Experience working in an Agile Development Environment
* Experience with customization of Microsoft TFS, including Release Manager, Continuous Integration
* Minimum of Secret or Interim Secret Security Clearance.
* Experience with C#, .NET applications, and object oriented programming (C++ experience possibly substituted), relational database and SQL, xml schema and xml processing (programmatic, xslt), web services, and ASP.NET
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in related field; relevant experience could be substituted in lieu of education
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Work conditions are normal for an office environment