Join GDIT and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The NCIS program is searching for a Sr. Network Engineer to join their team in Quantico, VA.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is an organization of over 2,000 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the Department of Navy (DON) component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counter-terrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the DON, but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.
NCIS is one of several DOD criminal investigative and intelligence organizations headquartered together at the Russell-Knox Building (RKB). Known collectively as Military Department Investigation Agencies (MDIA), the individual organizations include NCIS, Defense Security Service (DSS), Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI), Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID), and Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).
The five MDIAs have agreed to pursue opportunities for commonalities and efficiencies in the management and delivery of IT services across the collocated organizations. As a result, a new entity was created with that mission in mind. The Information Technology Common Services Unit (ITCSU) executes its shared services mission through the auspices of NCIS' executive leadership.
* Tests and analyzes all elements of network facilities
* Monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources on multiple enclaves utilizing software and hardware tools
* Identifies and diagnoses problems and factors affecting network performance
* Analyzes network performance, usage, traffic flows, access, and interfaces
* Provides technical planning and analysis for communication activities including designing, integrating, installing, troubleshooting, repairing, testing, monitoring, reporting, documenting, working with appropriate vendors, and performing preventative maintenance services
* Maintains a current understanding of emerging technologies an trends in online media, cloud service, storage solutions, and other data center technologies
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 7+ years of xperience with engineering data center and IP backbone networks in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol environment, including networks based on T1, DS3, Fiber/Optical, DSL, Ethernet, and Ethernet over Copper core.
* BS degree; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
* CISSP or CASP certification and CCNP Routing & Switching; CCNA Datacenter is a Plus.
* Top secret (TS) required to start; must be eligible to obtain SCI-level adjudication
* Experience with the following protocols, BGP, OSPF, vDC, vPC, VRFs, Spanning-Tree, VLANs, 802.1q, QoS, Cisco ASA with Active/Active Multiple Contexts
* Experience with the following equipment, Cisco ASA 5585X, Cisco ASA 5525X, Cisco Nexus 7k, Cisco Nexus 9k, Cisco Nexus 2k, Cisco ASR-100X, Cisco 3560E, Cisco 45XX with dual supervisor modules, Cisco 65XX, Symmetricom, Forcepoint Sidewinder, Juniper SRX 5400, F5 LTM, F5 GTM, KG-175G TACLANE, Cisco ACS/MAB, Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime, SolarWinds, Cisco HyperFlex and VMware.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.