Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world's most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We're looking for diverse, talented team members who want to grow and challenge what's possible with us.
Who we're looking for
Toyota's Connected Technologies Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated multimedia and telematics engineer.
The primary responsibility of this entry-level individual contributor role is to provide engineering and technical support in the planning, design, and development of Connected Services & Multimedia/Telematics products for Lexus and Toyota vehicles.
Reporting to the principal engineer, the ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter, able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects/deadlines, has a strong proficiency with consumer electronics (smartphones and applications, and cloud-based system architectures), and a demonstrated focus on the end customer's experience.
What you'll be doing
* Develop new generation multimedia and telematics services - define architecture and technical requirements, conduct software design reviews, and review software delivery quality.
* Support manage and lead development team and business partners for the entire life cycle of product development (i.e., Planning, Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, and Maintenance).
* Communicate and negotiate with stakeholders including North American based teams and Japan counterparts to enable the next services to the customers.
* Develop standard processes to allow teams focus on delivering customer values and product quality.
* Support post launch quality assurance activities.
What you bring
* Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
* Exceptional interpersonal skills including consultative, detail-oriented, verbal & written communication, analytical, relationship management, and ability to influence.
* Ability to develop functional/technical specifications and architecture documents for vehicle or electronic components.
* Minimum intermediate job experience, inclusive of Co-Op experiences
Added bonus if you have:
* Master's Degree in Engineering.
* Extensive working experience in automotive field focused on telematics services and products
* Strong Understanding and or experience with API and web services. Linux, UNIX, OSX, AWS, Azure
* Certifications (One or more): PMP, ITIL, Six Sigma, ACP, APMG, DSDM
* Successful product development and deployment experiences.
What we'll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
* A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
* Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
* Vehicle purchase & lease programs
* Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
* Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
* Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
* Paid holidays and paid time off
* Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
* Flexible spending accounts
* Relocation assistance (if applicable)
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com!
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.