POSITION TITLE: Monitoring Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Customer Experience
POSITION SUMMARY: The Monitoring Specialist is a member of the SunStreet Customer Experience team and performs a critical role in establishing and maintaining a "Best in Class" relationship with homeowners in ensuring solar systems are operational and performing as expected. The Monitoring Specialist will offer solar system education as needed, coordinate system maintenance and repair with SunStreet Technicians or third-party installers, and accurately track all customer touch points within the company's CRM (Salesforce.com). The Monitoring Specialist will assist with service requests, coordinate with Operations on fixes or repairs and communicate with appropriate parties, respond to information inquiry emails, answer incoming calls, escalate to management when appropriate, and work with the team and stakeholders as needed to create new processes and applicable documentation.
* Monitor all SunStreet solar systems for the purpose of identifying performance issues and coordinating repair or maintenance as needed
* Set up online monitoring of solar systems, including finalizing system builds within the software
* Troubleshoot system performance issues
* Assist both our activation team and homeowners with system fixes
* Elevate issues for resolution to our technology providers, including system installers
* Identify and track start-up issues and warranty issues through resolution
* Create performance reports for management as needed
* Follow up on all service issues and work to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
CORE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Working knowledge of a computer, telephone and basic software applications.
* Ability to communicate via email in a professional, business-appropriate manner.
* Able to transfer information received from an email, form, phone conversation or face-to-face meeting and data enter required values into appropriate fields into CRM tool or spreadsheets.
* Ability to troubleshoot, systematically assess system issues for root causes
* Ability to take direction and adhere to processes and procedures.
* Ability to prioritize work to consistently address and resolve time-sensitive issues.
* Aptitude for managing inbound and outbound calls, staying focused with changing demands.
* Strong sense of urgency; ability to quickly reprioritize tasks as required with changing circumstances.
* Demonstrated ability to handle fluctuating responsibilities (multi-tasking), quickly changing from inbound calls to outbound calls, sending emails, and staying focused while delivering quality work overall.
Customer Service Skills:
* Expert telephone skills, with ability to make outbound and receive inbound phone calls in production based, contact center environment.
* Customer-centric verbal and written communication skills demonstrating empathic listening skills, appropriate tone and language, and consistent sense of urgency to resolve issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* 2 years' experience in a related field or maintaining systems and hardware uptime
* Trouble shooting knowledge
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
* Ability to create reports in MS Excel
* Contact or Call Center experience, preferably a blend of telephone, email and live chat preferred
* Knowledge of solar systems, net energy metering, and home building industry desired
* Salesforce (or comparable CRM) experience a plus.
This is a sedentary, in-office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office supplies and materials weighing 25 pounds or less. Requires the ability to work eight hours per day in an office environment, primarily in front of a computer. Most of the time will be spent on the phone, working with a computer, consistently placing outbound calls, handling inbound calls, responding to emails and data entering information. Finger dexterity required to operate a computer keyboard, calculator and telephone equipment.
Regular contact with colleagues, internal stakeholders, executives, management, members of the legal team, field divisions and personnel, installers and other vendor or service providers, homebuyers and homeowners, furnishing or obtaining information, frequently where the matters discussed require resourcefulness, patience, clarity of thought and an ability to verbalize and articulate moderately complex information.
* Strong ability to reprioritize or triage tasks assigned to meet changing deadlines
* Interact well with co-workers; communicate with tact; be a team player
* Behave professionally; "keep cool" in potentially stressful situations
* Understand and follow work rules and procedures; be consistent