Mobile Technical Architect
Position ID: req16604
Sector: BA Europe
Functional Area: IT
Number of Openings: 1
Reporting to: Mobile&Consumer Connectivity Solutions TL
Employment Type: Permanent
Apply By: 24.07.2019
ELECTROLUX Europe IT Mobile and Connected Consumer Solutions presents
Bring your energy and technical skills around consumer Mobile Apps for connected appliances
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It's about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas - we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be, by delivering new consumer experiences through mobile, voice and the other digital touchpoints.
Mobile Technical Architect - Stockholm
As an enterprise producing millions of appliances each year and counting more than 50.000 employees, Electrolux is already offering a portfolio of digital platforms allowing end-consumers to live a unique experience in interacting with smart home appliances in a variety of mobile-driven user journeys across cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home.
Such an offer is nowadays significantly growing in terms of volume, support to new product categories, and innovative use cases to be launched as part of the mobile digital agenda.
The life-cycle practices involved in creating, developing, launching and maintaining such mobile applications are requiring them to be managed as Technical Products, so we are looking at Mobile Technical Architects to work as part of the IT Mobile and Connectivity Consumer Solutions team, a key enabler of the company's digital agenda with regards to Consumer Mobile and IoT.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
You will work with internal Apps Product Owners, IT Product Managers and internal/external development teams to create, develop, launch and maintain Electrolux consumer-facing mobile applications interacting with the Electrolux Connectivity ecosystem, across iOS and Android platforms.
Your responsibilities will include the creation of technical requirements and technical improvement plans for the App products, in partnership with App Product Owners and App Development teams, as well as providing day-to-day cross-functional leadership to ensure the timely delivery of projects which meet established technical quality requirements on the specific App products.
* Definition of the overall technical architecture for the mobile application that is envisioned with the business stakeholders and the internal technical stakeholders
o develop and document detailed architectures for mobile solutions on iOS, Android, and Hybrid platforms
* Collaborate with the Apps Product Owners and IT Product Managers to define and align Apps feature requests on technical requirements for the implementation of the mobile solutions/Work with the support of the Business Analyst function to qualify technical requirements to include in the User Stories/Support the Scrum Master and the App Product Owner in the Sprint Planning activities
o around technical aspects of the mobile application solution architecture, including the technology used, the methodology followed and technical capabilities and acceptance criteria
* Continuously follow-up of the IT development activities to ensure the timely delivery of projects and proper handling of technical risks and issues
* Work closely and lead day-to-day technical improvements activities of both internal and external development teams
* Drive technical investigation activities for new features (scoping, estimation, etc.), with technical support of internal and external teams, and coordinate technical reviews and improvement plans
* Mentoring and enforcing sound development practices, CI/CD lifecycle management practices (develop, build, test, release) and ensuring the (technical) quality delivery of mobile apps
* Support Apps Product Owners and IT Product Managers in defining procedures and supporting tooling in order to have a coordinated and effective Apps publishing process
* • Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert Project Management and senior management of technical issues
* Lead and mentor development teams
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
* Support revision of IT supplier agreements
* Proactive. You are self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook. You're not just solving the tasks, you always think ahead and identifying operational issues and drive resolution
* Results oriented. You are strong customer focused and have ability to develop and sustain a network with cross-functional teams.
* Task-oriented. You have solid project management skills, with the ability and willingness to balance consumer needs with business priority.
* Communicative. You are excellent in interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
* Flexible. You adapt to a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and adjust plans on-the-fly.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum 3/5 years of mobile app technical design and development experience in native iOS, native Android, HTML5, CSS3, and other mobile frameworks/accelerators
o Development lead/design experience profile wanting to have a management and architecture role
* Solid understanding and experience of architecture principles and software design best practices
o A thorough understanding of OOP, design patterns, iOS, Android, and enterprise in mobile application integration
o Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
o Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
o Experience in developing reusable artifacts/frameworks, re-usable assets, Industry solutions, reference architecture, design, development and QA best practice
o Experienced in designing and developing mobile sdk and integrating mobile apps with web-services and external APIs
o Understanding of mobile security protocols, analytics and social channel integration.
o Understanding various non-functional aspects in mobile application design and provide a solution to optimize performance, scalability etc.
* Exceptional understanding of mobile application design, interaction, usability experience and development processes
* Experience in development and design of complex consumer-facing apps (connected apps a plus)
* Experience in managing mobile application submission and publication
* Experience with mobile analytics
* Experience with Agile project management methodologies (eg. Scrum)
* Solid understanding of software lifecycle practices and tools: version control (git), CI/CD (Jenkins, jira, etc.), testing, etc.
* Desirable existing/established relationships with application developer partners/agencies, incl. Apple/Google
* B.Sc. in Business Management or Computer Science (or equivalent)
* Experience from both startup (Lean/Agile) and enterprise (more waterfall-like) environments
* Excellent English knowledge, written and spoken
* Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with keen attention to detail
* Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
* Overall understanding and experience in practices: Architecture, Software Design, Mobile Apps SDLC, Stakeholder Management, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Requirements Analysis, Project Management, Planning
REQUIRED HARD SKILLS:
* scripting languages
* Android Studio
* Clean Code Architecture
* SOLID Principle
* API architectures
* Jenkins, Jira, GIT, Fastlane, Cucumber, Appium, Hiptest
* Apple App Store and Google Play apps management
* Architecture certifications (nice to have)
* Good knowledge Ms Office and general IT skills
Contact person: Chiara Salin
Electrolux shapes living for the better by reinventing taste, care and wellbeing experiences, making life more enjoyable and sustainable for millions of people. As a leading global appliance company, we place the consumer at the heart of everything we do. Through our brands, including Electrolux, AEG, Anova, Frigidaire, Westinghouse and Zanussi, we sell more than 60 million household and professional products in more than 150 markets every year. In 2017 Electrolux had sales of SEK 122 billion and employed 56,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.