We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Mobile Support Engineer to join our team in Alexandria, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
* Provided mobile end user support on Mission Critical custom Android applications
* Monitor and support Incident management in production, development, and test environments supporting custom Android applications
* Provide a central point for coordination of incidents that arise in all environments. Establish and orchestrate bridge calls with emphasis on restoring service to users as quickly as possible, facilitate and troubleshoot toward resolution of incidents, and manage incidents to completion
* Coordinate, escalate, and/or resolve operational system/application/network events that have the potential of negatively impacting system and application availability to the user community
* Escalate incidents in accordance with established CBP/OIT escalation procedures
* Develop and populate Knowledge Management/AI bot database with known troubleshooting procedures and solutions. Develop "lessons learned" on all escalated incidents
* Performs all functional duties independently
* Create and provide metrics to judge efficiency and effectiveness of Incident Management Process. Examples: Mean Time to Repair, Mean Time Between Failures, Repeat Incidents
* Develop and maintain web-based reporting for incident management as well as all facets related to systems availability
* Leads the effort to identify and respond to potential problems or trends before failure or degradation occurs. Provide information on scenarios for monitoring, automation, and adjusted threshold levels to allow appropriate action to be taken before adverse impact occurs. Develop and/or enhance processes to detect and prevent future incidents and allowing for quicker diagnosis and resolution if further incidents occur
* Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
* Directs compilation of records and reports concerning operations and maintenance.
* Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
* Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
* Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting systems performance.
* Bachelor of Science. Preferred majors: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering, Physics or equivalent technical degree and minimum 8 years of experience or equivalent blend of education and experience.
* 2+ years of proven demonstrated troubleshooting skills with custom Android applications. Experience in Android ATAK/WinTAK Operating Systems and Applications is desired.
* Experience with vmware AirWatch, or equivalent, Onboarding, Configuration and Remote Support/Troubleshooting tools
* 3 years of strong experience with Fault and Performance monitoring and reporting tools
* 3 years exposure to Service Management/ITIL framework and concepts (Incident, Change, Asset Management);
* Must be willing and able to travel CONUS if requested for short periods of time. Travel is expected
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you'll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government's critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Req ID = 2019-6490